ESP EXP Hardware color

Updated
Anthony M.

I have had my black ESP EXP for 27 years, it is all original and in Excellent condition.  I've had several people ask what I would want for it and it appears that selling it is going to be difficult as I would never give it away cheap.  I'm not even sure whether I want to sell it, but I have toyed with the idea. 

So, instead of selling, I am thinking about changing it up a bit.  I would keep all the original parts just in case, but I was thinking about changing the hardware to gold.  Gold knobs, Gold Hipshot locking tuners, gold Het Set pickups, Gold bridge, Etc.

Is this a crazy idea???

ESPEXP

No, as long as you keep all the original stuff, you can always change it back when you want to. Go crazy!

Anthony M.

Yeah, I think I’m going to go for it. 
as I’m sure you know, the TOM bridge pole pieces on the EXP are threaded directly into the wood so I think I am going to leave those and just replace the bridge and the adjustment nuts. Everything else should replace easily. 
I do wonder something though, do you know if the EMG’s from 1995 have the plug at the pickup or are they hardwired at the pickup?  I’d rather not replace the wiring. 

Post to Thread