Hard Case for a Used MX/EXP/Edwards E-EX

Updated
Manu K.

Hi all,

I’ve just purchased an Edwards E-EX which has a padded bag, but I’ll need to carry it on the plane, so I’d feel better if it were in a hard case, preferably with a lock.

Anyone know where I could get a case shaped for the ESP explorer shape? Would an old Gibson case work as well? I know there are minor differences but I’d want a tight fit for protection.

Thanks!

Manu K.

Bump. Anyone know of a good EXP case that works?

Pushead

I've never tried with an Edwards model, but my ESP MX will not fit into my 95 Gibson Explorer case.

Billie H.

Although I haven't tested it with an Edwards model, my ESP MX will not fit into the case I have for my 1995 Gibson Explorer.

Manu K.

Both TKL and Gator make explorer cases. Any idea if either of those fit?

Flying Dutchmen

You could consider an original ESP Snakebyte or EX case and do a re-cut the polystyrene inlay to form fit your Edwards. The body shape of the Edwards is as far as I understood more or less identical to an MX. 

Manu K.

I’m kind of surprised these aren’t more readily available, at least in Japan or from ESP directly.

tony A.

You could consider an original ESP Snakebyte or EX case and do a re-cut the polystyrene inlay to form fit your Edwards. The body shape of the Edwards is as far as I understood more or less identical to an MX Gold Rate in Karachi

Elsa  P.

When looking for a case, ensure it has good padding to protect your guitar during travel and a locking mechanism for added security. Ultimately, it's best to find a case specifically designed for the ESP Explorer shape to ensure the best fit and protection for your instrument.

Post to Thread