ESP EX-250

Updated
ESP EX-250

Lately, I came into possession of an ESP .EX-250. I assumed it was a basic model, but it turns out to be quite the opposite. All information I can find is on ESP EX 260’s. 

On reverb, there are only 2 listings. They both claim they are rare Korean models.

Hiw rare are we talking? Any information would be good as well. 

serial number: U110802 KOREA 

Thanks 

Christian L.

It's not an "ESP EX-250" but a LTD EX-250. It might not be exactly "basic" whatever that means but it's not hi-end either, no LTDs are after all. Yes it's somewhat rare/unusual but the EX shape, unlike the MX shape, is not particularly sought after. A solid work horse guitar yes, exotic and special, no. 

Ryan G.

Thanks for the info!

Andreas R.

If I may add: The LTD EX-250 was first introduced in 2000. They had the LTD EX-250 and the LTD EX-350 (with a Floyd Rose), and of course the ESP EX.

Later, they had 3 LTD EX models: LTD EX-400, LTD EX-260, LTD EX-50. And later again, the LTD EX-401, LTD EX-360, LTD EX-50.

Best Regards from Germany

Andreas

Ryan G.

Thank you. Helpful information here. 

metalhobo

You can look at the specs in the 2000 catalog. https://www.espguitars.com/pages/product-archive

by 2003 the model had been discontinued in deference to the ex-50 and ex-351, and the ex-260 and ex-400 in 2004. the specs look pretty cool; mahogany body. I can't find a 2000 price list, but in the 2004 price list the ex-260 was priced at $569, so I would expect the ex-250 to have a SRP of around the same neighborhood when it was released. so I would agree with the sentiment that while it's not a "special" guitar by any means, it's not exactly common either.

Post to Thread