4 Knob Silverburst Eclipse: How rare?

Updated
4 Knob Silverburst Eclipse: How rare?

Just secured a very exciting guitar.  A pristine 4 knob eclipse 1 CTM silverburst.  It is joining my unreal classic black eclipse 1.  The silver burst has had a Graphtec piezo fitted which will be fun though it has tampered with the originality a bit.  

My question is how rare? I know it must be super rare and in all my internet scouring I have seen 3 including this one,and  the famous Eclipse school collection vid on youtube.  

Anyway very excited.  My black one was a third of the price of this one because it needs a refret but it is the best guitar I have ever played.  I am actually a bass player that has recently fallen in love with playing guitar and I have 3 (one for standard, one for C and a baritone i am still finishing building) and this one will replace a very nice Prs usa custom 22.  

Anyway sharing my excitement and new addition.  Can't wait till it arrives and I will post better pics and pics with both together.  

Pushead

Pretty rare. No idea how few of them there are. I have the one from the Eclipse School video (obviously), and a friend has a 1 of 6 full-thickness version. But you don't see many of them on the streets. I'm surprised to see that yours has a silver back of the headstock. That's pretty interesting. What year is yours? It's a shame that they added a battery cavity when they put the piezo in. It make me feel better that they didn't quite get the tip of the teardrop in the center of your back, either.

Not up to my usual standards, but here's a photo from when my friend and I had our sllverburst-off. Mine with DiMarzios on the left, his FT with the Het Set on the right. As with any silverburst-off, the only losers were my neighbors.

Blackcloudbass

look at those two together! just looks right.  I'll let you know what year when it gets here.  interesting about the headstock painting differences.  I'm in Australia and it seems like there is a good range of rare ESP down here and some dealers that can even order Australian exclusive custom runs of things like this.  In 2020 they did an E2 4 knob silverburst with fluences for example.  maybe to do with long free trade agreements with Japan.   

Right now there is a mystic black 4 knob also available now that's got to be super rare aswell.  Anyway thanks for reply! love your work mate.  

Pushead

Yeah, the FT silverburst came from Australia. It was a special run done for bMusic. I also have a gloss black FT and matte purple from there.

Also very uncommon to find a 4 knob in the pattern finish like the mystic black or volcano red.

I remember the E-II run. If I remember correctly, that has the flatter horn on it rather than the rounder one like these.

Blackcloudbass

So it is here!! This guitar (apart from mods) is seriously mint condition.  15 years old and I could not find a mark or blemish on it.  The Piezo is interesting and definitely done by someone who knew what they were doing but I do wish it was original... 

Here is my other 4 knob 2003 that I have black beautied.  It came to me with fairly pitted chrome hardware so I thought it deserved a treat.  The black one has been played so much that the jumbos are nearly gone and so I got it for an absolute bargain price.  Pickups are the originals.  This one has the real MOP inlays which are gorgeous and a lovely bit of rosewood.  Cost me like a third of the burst and due to being played so much it is slightly better as a player than the burst.  

In person the blacks are really different because the bursts black is sprayed over the silver and so you get this quite unique colour.  Really cool.  Anyway here they are. Don't think I will be getting another eclipse as these are the two LP styles that I have always sought after and wanted but don't think these two will be leaving me..not easily anyway.  Super stoked!!

Pushead

Congratulations, man! It looks great in your photos. The seller wasn't doing himself any favors with the ones he posted.

Post to Thread