Help with ESP Mirage Deluxe Tremolo

Updated
Help with ESP Mirage Deluxe Tremolo

Hello my fellow ESP family. i need your help please; 

i was lucky enough to find an original ESP Mirage Deluxe "Graffiti"  the guitar was not in the "best" condition, but It's been cleaned up, set and after a good fret job it sound awesome; i tried replacing the tremolo w/ a new Floyd Rose but the posts did no match up, so I decided to keep the original ESP tremolo;

however the guitar shipped with 2 tremolo arms, both of which have the threaded end to screw in... but this tremolo insert does not seem to have any threads to it, it appears as it takes a "push in " type tremolo arm (like an Ibanez) 

if so, i would like to find the original tremolo arm for this particular bridge, but after searching, i cannot seem to find any specifics on it. 

can anyone help me w/ the specs on this particular tremolo? 

Thanks in advance !!!! 

Pushead

It's called the Sinclair trem. It's a good unit, but ESP moved away from it in 91/92. Finding parts for it is difficult. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a company is making replacement bars for it, but I don't have the link saved in my bookmarks. Hopefully, you can find it with some searching.

I replaced a Sinclair on my 91 Mirage. The OFR was a close fit, but I ended up having to route the trem cavity to get it to fit. It wasn't a big deal on my end since the guitar was being refinished anyway.

Culloa777

Pushead! thanks so much for the information! I had no idea about he "sinclair".... after some searching,  I was able to find a company that does replica parts!

https://www.fretsonthenet.com/ESP_Carvin_Peavey/esp.htm

Pushead

I should have known. Frets on the Net has a lot of replacement parts for specific brands. They have a lot of truss rod covers and control covers for the gear as well. Cheers man.

Also, those graffiti guitars are awesome. Yours looks great.

Culloa777

Hey Pushead; been gigging alot w/ my Graffiti, but do not love the Sinclair action.... do you know of any existing tremolos that might fit the cavity of the Sinclair with out having to route the cavity? 

Pushead

Sorry man, not off-hand. I replaced a Sinclair in my Mirage, but I had to dowel the holes from the studs, drill new holes and widen (and deepen) the route for the bridge. I went with an Original Floyd Rose. Perhaps one of the other brands make one that's a bit closer to the right dimensions.

Post to Thread