What year was my ESP made, etc?

Updated
What year was my ESP made, etc?

I'm trying to find out more about my ESP 'the eclipse', dark blue telecaster body, numbered 11538. Any info appreciated. Love this guitar!

91horizon

If you cant find out check under the neck. Theres a code there that helps

Steve W.

Hi, thanks for your input. Yes, I believe they didn't make them for very long. Can't find a code anywhere under the neck. Where would you expect this to be - near the machine heads, along the neck or nearer the guitar body?

91horizon

They only made them for a few years like this BTW. Im sure you know that.

Pushead

The closest answer I can find is mid 80s. The 83 catalog is the only one where a painted/finished neck face (on a bass) and the 87 catalog was the only one that showed the Tele body labeled Eclipse.

https://espguitars.co.jp/customer/download/catalog/index.html?fbclid=IwAR18FvWP7-NpnBddQvgC1edAEVqIpR51sJXi93_7PoJ70O6m_w7b_4_rGMo

Steve W.

Thanks. Interesting. I've had mine since 1991, second or third hand or more at that time. It felt like it had been around for a while at that point.

Steve W.

Would you know whether this might be a Custom ESP Mirage 1 from Japan (one internet search suggested this, not that I am allowed to post the link to this forum it would seem, unfortunately)? Does anyone have any ESP contacts in Japan that might know?

Steve W.

Pushead Would you know whether this might be a Custom ESP Mirage 1 from Japan (one internet search suggested this)? Does anyone have any ESP contacts in Japan that might know?

Pushead

I have no idea.

Raider_77

I just got one exactly like it! It also has the Flicker II tremolo.Does yours have dot inlay?I literally got mine in today and I love it!I'm about to show it on here 

Steve W.

Yes, dot inlays, but black individual dots, apart from two black dots on 12th fret.

Raider_77

Raider_77

Raider_77

Raider_77

Raider_77

Raider_77

Pics of Johnny Thunders & some cat playing one in the 1985 catalog...Yours has a flat body like mine.In 86 I think they changed to the carved top with pointy Jackson style headstock 

Raider_77

Raider_77

Another pic of New York Dolls & solo guitarist the late great Johnny Thunders.The last one is from the 85 catalog and the top one is from the 87 catalog but as you can tell its from the same photo shoot probably in NYC.The one he's holding doesn't look like it has dot inlay.Not much info on these jewels great guitars with perfect ebony board &  mine stays in tune like a champ.Hope this helps 

Raider_77

The owner before me added a string tree

Post to Thread