Info on late 90s Viper?

Updated
DesolationBlvd

Picked this up recently, the holoflake finish drew me in.

Seems legit, down to the neck joint and control cover on the back. The one wonky thing is the toggle switch, it seems to be a bit further up compared to the 1997 catalog, and the catalog didn't yet mention sparkle finishes. But I've seen other holoflake Vipers, so it doesn't seem like mine is a refinish or one-off.

metalhobo

ah, so you nabbed that. great price! I was watching it, due to being a holoflake freak. good look with the search for info!

DesolationBlvd

It was an impulse buy. I guess I disturbed a balance by selling some of my other guitars funding a synth. Since the guitars I sold were P-90 equipped Gibsons, I might get humbucker-sized P-90s if I find I'm missing that sound.

metalhobo

just learned fallon bowman owns (owned?) one just like this (if not this one outright). by pure coincidence today I saw an old (2000s) picture of her with a strikingly similar axe. you can see it just by searching for pictures of her on google https://www.google.com/search?q=fallon+bowman&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjb1_Tl1YjtAhWSxVkKHUCCAVoQ_AUoAXoECCAQAw&biw=1838&bih=1076

Post to Thread