Real or Fake ESP Eclipse Standard Series 2007

Updated
Adam C.

Pushead

It's legit.

Adam C.

Awesome, Thank you! What are your main identifying markers to distinguish between a legit esp eclipse vs fake? 

also, I cannot seem to find this specific model w/ regards to finish, pickups, fretboard type, 4 knob style in any of their catalogs. Any thoughts on when and where this was issued?

Adam C.

Awesome, Thank you! What are your main identifying markers to distinguish between a legit esp eclipse vs fake? 

also, I cannot seem to find this specific model w/ regards to finish, pickups, fretboard type, 4 knob style in any of their catalogs. Any thoughts on when and where this was issued?

Pushead

It's a 2007 model. After 2004 (and a few in 2005) the 4 knob models were typically only available to the overseas market (Europe, Asia and Australia.) And they never really showed the 4 knob layout in any of the catalogs available in the US.

If you check this thread, you can see a pretty good write-up of markers of a fake ESP that I wrote up for a guy who wanted to try to get his money back. Otherwise, it's just that I have lots of experience with real ESPs, and I try to help where I can.

And to help ease your mind, I have one that started life like yours. I've modded to make it more visually pleasing to me.

Adam C.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your insight. I feel good about it even more now, you just never know these days anymore. 

that’s a beautiful eclipse! 

Nath S.

Hey man got my hands on a esp iron cross one of the old distressed black would you be able to confirm the serial if I send a pic

Pushead

Just post pics of the guitar, we'll sort it out for you.

Post to Thread