Information on my ESP

Updated
Taiska

Hello,

can anyone shed any light on the model or anything on my ESP? 

I've had this guitar for years and years but I haven't ran into another one like it. There is 1987 written under one of the pickups and it used to have an ESP licensed bridge but I replaced it with the Gotoh pictured. 

I've scrolled through the catalogs of past models from that era but I haven't seen that head stock shape so far. The worn out look of the head stock has finishing over it so it's made to look like that and not naturally worn down. Also there was a razor blade covering the opening for the truss rod, not in place atm. Might not be the original design but a nice touch. 

Graphics are nicely done and doesn't look like something somebody would've done on their own. Unless by a solid professional. 

Thanks in advance!

-T-

Taiska

And here's the photo. 

Pushead

It's an M-II of some form (or The Mirage). The head stock has definitely had some alteration. Graphic designs on the guitars from the late 80s and 90s aren't super common, but also not so rare to believe that it isn't stock. I'm surprised that there isn't an ESP logo at the 12th fret inlay.

Any chance we can see some more photos?

Taiska

Why of course you can. I appreciate the quick reply on this, wasn't expecting it. 

Pushead

It's definitely an ESP. There's no way (for me) to tell the age with no serial number on the head stock.

The bridge is a replacement. It looks like a previous owner routed the recess for the bridge, so maybe the graphic isn't stock. But the neck is maple with an ebony board. The body is likely alder.

Post to Thread