ESP MX Man to Wolf for sale

Updated
ccart

Popped up the other day, price isn't a big amount more than an EET FUK which I thought was surprising given it's extremely rare.

https://reverb.com/item/29777837-esp-custom-shop-man-to-wolf-james-hetfield-mx-explorer

The same seller has an EET FUK for sale if anyone fancies bagging the two

Anyone know how many of these were actually ever made?

Dmc83

Real or replica...?   thoses guitars where impossible to find since  THE BEGINING OF TIMES...lol

and then since a couples of years they often come avalaible for sale

i know a website of chinese fake guitar was offering them in a very well done and detailed replica , 

they were also offering JH1 Dimebag Washburn, J Yuenger Iceman and many more

It may be a replica with upgraded hardware, pickups and graphite nut.... or real one

ccart

Yes it doesn't give much in the description about authenticity.  What I would say though is he is a reputable seller on reverb with quite an impressive collection if you look at his other items.  I can't see a reason for him to try sell a fake especially at that price.

ESP 348

That guitar is the real deal.

They reckon 5 were made, but of course no one knows the real number.

These guitars have been in collections for nearly 20 years and all of a sudden they are coming up for sale. I know personally of two of these guitars that have been bought and sold in the last 2-3 years.

The unfortunate part about that is though, with each new owner the price seems to climb significantly which only goes to show they are in it for a quick buck.

That is why we are seeing them for sale now, owners are asking crazy money and collectors/dealers are paying them, only to on-sell again for more money in this instance lol.

They are definitely awesome guitars though.

GuitarsCollector

This guitar is original.

The first owner I know of this guitar was Armand crump, Kerry King's guitar tech unfortunately died in 2012, that bought this guitar in Japan (I don't know where).

He ask me $10.000 in 2011.  (he want same price for the ntb ouija)  I told him was too much! :-)))))

After his deth was sold to Berik Urazbayev...(the guy with the huge collection that bought almost all Armand's collection, like the ouija ntb, hannemann guitars, etc...)

then sold to Steeledgeguitars in 2017...

then sold to RJV Guitars in 2019...

ESP 348

As I mentioned, with every change of hands the price keeps going up.

Once these guitars sell now, they will disappear into collections for another 20 years before we see them again.

In another 20 years time, owners will be asking $100K for them.

dubster82

Isn't the nut wrong? 

Also, with the Sperzels, they'd surely be a modification? 

dubster82

Mesa Sean

As  much as I love that guitar, the lack of paperwork, COA or hang tags etc. is a huge turn off at that price. My brain will always be wondering if it is real or not, even though it probably is. I would at least send it to ESP for some sort of documentation it is the real deal.

At least my old mint 1990 MX-220 I had came with the original hangtags from 90 or 91 (i forget which year), old old ESP stickers and a red lined hard shell case. Biggest regret sell I ever made back in the late 2000's.

Post to Thread