Pricing on used ESP Eclipse-I CTM FT?

Updated
klormach

Hey,

I used to be active on these forums about 10 years ago - it's really changed!  Hopefully it's still a great resource for all things ESP.

While living in Japan, I picked up a 2008 ESP Eclipse-I CTM FT in vintage black.  The guitar is complete w/ case and in great shape.  The only change is that the original owner swapped the pickups (went for DiMarzio PAF 30ths).  I still have the original pickups though.

From searching Reverb, the only two comparable listings went for $2100 and $2300 (new old stock).  Is this the price range they go for?  I've been out of the loop on guitar things for years but need to start selling some guitars.  I've been able to get some pricing on some of the more obscure models (ESP Axxion, etc.) but this one is more of a mystery.

Thanks!

Pushead

I bought mine (around 2008) for $1650 used and sold it (around 2015) for $1600. Full thickness Eclipse I CTM in gloss black.

Brian6262

I will say that a Full Thickness model has a big cool factor to it. About 6 months ago I was speaking to a gentlemen selling one with the same specs as yours and was asking around the $2000-$2300 mark. As an eclipse owner (Newer one lol) I try to keep up with the market to see if my guitars will turn into an investment lol. But from what I have seen as an everyday ebay and reverb guy lol, the $1500 mark is where I would say people would be interested. Pushead is with out a doubt one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Eclipses so he can most likely add a lot more lol. I myself do hope the market will go up and if it does might cash out on some of my guitars lol. Hope this was helpful and if you ever do wanna sell let me know; might be a buyer. Have a great day!

klormach

Thanks for the reply. 

There have not been that many sold (full thickness, 4 knob layout), only one on Reverb as far as I can tell: 

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=esp%20eclipse%20I%20CTM%20FT&show_only_sold=true

It was $2300 for new old stock in Germany.  

I'll probably hold on to it.  It's relatively rare guitar and in good condition, I'm not in a rush to sell at those prices ($1500-1600).

klormach

Hey guys,

Just an update.  I posted it on Reverb for $1850 and had a lot of interest.  The first day someone bought it at that price then immediately cancelled the transaction  . I had a lot of offers in the $1500 range but it finally sold last night for $1800.  It took about 2 weeks to sell, which wasn't that bad.  My '84 explorer reissue and Edwards Jimmy Page went within a day though

Post to Thread