ESP The Mirage Strat Neck Stamp NY 333

Updated
ESP The Mirage Strat Neck Stamp NY 333

Hi Guys! Found this one in a thrift store. Not sure if it's legit. Neckplate and tuners had been replaced. It has been modified to bass. It has NY 333 written near the neck's end.

Claire M.

Pushead

The logo looks reasonable enough to be legit. But it's in pretty sad shape. It would likely take more money to restore it than it would ever likely sell for.

Claire M.

I have a friend who is a luthier. He is willing to restore it. Actually it's his dream guitar he said.

Claire M.

Done cleaning it. Sending it tomorrow for restoration 

Pushead

Well that works out well for both of you.

Am I right in thinking that the fingerboard has been painted? Or does it just look a bit blue because the photo is dark?

Claire M.

It was the stock color he said. Yes it's blue.

Claire M.

I tried to look for a similar model but can't find any on the internet. 

jt76

I have not seen a blue stained neck esp before.

I have seen red ones - with stock red fingerboards - so  a blue one with a stock blue fingerboard is not unlikely.  

this this was done around the mid 80's for a short time,  Matsumoku  also produced a few guitars with stained red and blue necks.

Image result for esp red surveyor

jt76

Actually I found this pretty fast with a quick search

ESPBlue3.ESPBlue9.ESPBlue6.ESPBlue1.

Claire M.

Wow. I guess the blue bass is the guitar version of mine. Any idea of the stamp near the back of the neck?

Pushead

The 80s were a weird, magical time.

Claire M.

Update. I went to the luthier already. He told me the body is not the original. That's the reason I can't find it in Google. He already removed the blue paint on the neck. I want it to have a natural color so we are also removing the decal and replace it with the same only black color this time. The body wood is a three-ply maple so he replaced it with an alder which came from a Fender Squire vintage modified. I will post pic if it's done. 

Claire M.

Hi guys! Update on this Mirage. I bought a body. Alder from a Squire Vintage plus. This is what it looks now...

Post to Thread