Cases

Updated
Cases

Hello, can anybody tell me whether the ESP cases in these auctions are authentic? I've never seen similar padding in the lid ...

Pushead

They look authentic, though I don't own any cases with the auralex (foam) in the lid. I've seen plenty of auctions for ESPs with those style cases.

Flemmejaevel

Okay, thanks! First time I ever notice them.

Big Daddy B

Seems like a lot of guitars coming out of japan had that style case in the early 2010s/late 2000s. I recall seeing it on the KH-2 SE and the KH-2 Vintage.

Having ordered a couple of guitars from Japan, Japanese cases also seem to have side pockets versus center. Often times the guitars lie at an angle as well. Cultural differences I guess or just better engineering. You can access the pocket without moving the guitar. We Americans needs larger pockets due to our gluttony.

Pushead

Or perhaps the guitars aren't in cases when shipped from Japan and are only put in cases in the US. They may be different case companies between the continents.

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

Or perhaps the guitars aren't in cases when shipped from Japan and are only put in cases in the US. They may be different case companies between the continents.

i am pretty sure this is "the case"

ESP 348

Must definitely use different suppliers to make their cases around the world.

All my ESP KH guitars have come from different markets from all over the world and they all seem to have slight differences in the cases.

Inside and out, there is always something a little different. But for the most part they look near identical.

Even the re-issue Ouija cases have their slight differences and they only made 100 of them.

I remember Big Daddy has a leather handle on his white Ouija case and the handle is plastic on my white Ouija case, if I remember correctly. And my Ouija also came out of the US of A.

Post to Thread