esp eclipse

Updated
David G.

i took this pic off another post, its identical to mine. was wondering how much it was new, and worth now. it says esp custom guitars on the back of head, and plays great. in near mint with esp hard case.? serial 25032

AssMan

Bolt on? 

David G.

yes.

Pushead

Not sure what the original price was on these, but they run around $500 or so now. Mid 90s to early 2000s, I believe.

During that era, all guitars made for outside the Japanese market had the ESP Custom Guitars circle logo on the back. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee it was made in the Custom Shop.

SqruU

Sorry for the necro-post, but since there seems to be a lack of info out there on the bolt-on Eclipses - I thought it might be helpful to post. I have a black 1997 with a Floyd-Rose. Got it super cheap, as it had no electronics, pickup rings, or cavity/truss rod covers. The body has some pretty good chips in the paint, but the action was amazing the first time I strung her up. I will probably be buried with this guitar. I lusted over them when I was in high school, so I saved at least one magazine that had the prices in it - I think it's a Musician's Friend. If I remember when I get home, I post a picture of the page. If memory serves me correctly, in 1997, they were $899 w/o the Floyd or upgraded pickups. If you added the Floyd, they were $999. To add different pickups, you had to call the ESP dealer. If you do some logical deduction here: https://www.espguitars.com/pages/product-archive, you can find out what year yours is. Each year they had slightly different features. Some years had 22 frets (mine), others had 24 (yours). Also, the way "Eclipse" is written on the headstock changed from year to year. In 1995, they say "The Eclipse". The 1996 ESP catalog is missing from ESP's site, but by 1997, they just say "Eclipse". The size of the font changed as well on the ones that just say "Eclipse". The site also jumps from 2000 to 2005, but somewhere between those years they started making them as set-necks. Currently, Guitar Center has them listed in the $900 - $1200 range, right along with the newer set-neck ones, but you can find them used for way less most other places. Especially since it's a bolt-on and a lot of people just assume they are no good. They are wrong!!

SqruU

As promised:MF Ad for ESP

SqruU

Looks like I was off a bit.

Non-Floyd was $850

Floyd Equipped was $1050

SqruU

1997 ESP Eclipse w/Floyd-Rose

xJOHNx
David G. wrote:

i took this pic off another post, its identical to mine. was wondering how much it was new, and worth now. it says esp custom guitars on the back of head, and plays great. in near mint with esp hard case.? serial 25032

ive been looking to buy one of these with a standard bridge, I have one with a floyd, are you looking to sell ?

Brian T.

Mine just says Eclipse on it, not The Eclipse, also, it's 22 frets, so am I to assume that it's 1997? I always thought it was from 1995.

Post to Thread