ESP Eclipse Standard

Updated
Luis B.

Hi folks!

I´m a strat player, but I´ve been GASsing for an ESP Eclipse for some time. Found this one, "ESP Standard", in the brazilian version of CG

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-837222109-guitarra-esp-eclipse-standard-nova-impecavel-unica-no-ml-_JM

The ad is in portuguese, but what can you tell me from the pics? Is it an older model (before E-II), but how old? Looks legit? What can you tell me about, in general?

Thanks!

Pushead

It looks to be a 2013 model (based off the head stock logo.) It would be the last year before the change from ESP Standard to E-II.

Similar specs as an E-II model. Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fret board. Hard to tell but probably an EMG 60 at the neck and an 81 at the bridge. It has the older style Gotoh Magnum Lock tuners.

Luis B.

Thank you very much! Are those models (last year before E-II) considered good and much sought after in the market?

Yes, that´s EMG pickups and Gotoh magnum lockers. What concerns me are the Gotoh lockers, do they work or have tuning problems?

Thank you! I´m relly GASsing for this guitar!!

Pushead

Personally, I like the newer version of the Gotoh tuners. The version on this guitar uses a screw driver or coin to lock the string. The newer version is more like the Planet Waves or Sperzel.

The trend has shown that the models with this style ESP logo on the head stock doesn't sell as well as the older version (the script style.) That doesn't mean it isn't as good of a guitar, but musicians don't always do well with change.

Post to Thread