Esp Eclipse help!

Updated
Esp Eclipse help!

Hi guys, I'm wanting to know the main things to spot on a fake eclipse. I'm wanting to trade my amp with someone that has a beautiful eclipse but i'm a bit paranoid that it might not be real just because i know there's lots of fakes out there and i wouldn't know what to look for unlike other brands like gibson / fender where it would be easier for me to identify a fake. 

So far, I've gathered that the fakes usually have a different shape control cavity and the truss rod cover its all black without the bits of white around the edges. (at least the ones I've seen on google) But its there anything i can look for that will 100% guarantee its legitimate or not?

Here are 2 pics that the guy has sent me. Not the best quality but it sure looks pretty. There will be more pictures i will upload once the seller sends me some but i only have the 2 pictures at the minute. I've made sure to ask for some detailed pictures including the back of the guitar and front and back pictures of the headstock.

Thanks in advance 

Pushead

The guitar(s) in both pictures look pretty good/legit. A thing to be somewhat concerned of; there are different pickups in the guitar in the different photos. Be sure of which pickups you would be getting. The guitar would sell (actually sell) on eBay around $900-$950, so keep that in mind if there is a significant difference in value between the guitar and amp.

In terms of issues commonly found on the fakes, among the most glaring are the positioning of the knobs, the shape of the headstock, the logo position and size and any markings on the back of the headstock.

I wouldn't want to fully judge authenticity with either of these photos (even at their original size they're kind of crummy looking.) If you get any other photos, or have any other questions, feel free to ask here. We're pretty good about picking out fakes.

And I loves me some Eclipses.

DearestCreature

Thanks for the help man, I'm fairly new to ESP guitars, i've always been more old fashioned but I'm wanting to venture out and try new things. But i've always loved the look of the ESP range.
I'll definitely post some pictures tonight if the guy sends me them. + yeah i noticed that the pictures contained different emg sets. Apparently the guitar has bare knuckles in it now but seems odd that i'd be sent 2 individual pictures that have both got different em pickups in them, so that's put me on caution for this one. 

DearestCreature

Finally got some pics through, the pickups are getting changed to bare knuckles so he's sent some pics in the process. Hopefully this one is legit!

Pushead

Looks good to me. Congrats!

Post to Thread