Help with Eclipse 1

Updated
Help with Eclipse 1

Hey, saw an ad for an Eclipse 1 going for around 950 USD or 900 EUR. It's a four knob version from 2006. Link (in norwegian) 

Sounds like a good deal, but it says that it's in matte finish and I'm not too familiar with matte necks as I've only owned maple and glossy necks before. So, to the guys that are experienced with this model, how would you rate them and the neck? Thanks for reading! 

Pushead

It's definitely a real ESP.

The matte finishes are nice. They feel differently than a gloss, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. They feel more like a raw maple neck than glossy, (imo). The downside to the matte finish is that eventually they'll get shiny spots in areas that have the most contact with your skin.  It's a bigger deal to some, but it's just how they wear.  You can see it a bit under the highest string between the pickups on one of mine.

It cleans up and looks a better with a slightly damp cloth.  For some reason I decided to take the photo of this guitar before doing a proper cleaning on it, you can still see the gunk on the finger board, too.

Post to Thread