Pre 1980 ESP tele

Updated
Pre 1980 ESP tele

I inherited dad's tele copy by ESP. I know he bought it on 48th st NYC before 1980. Fender decals but neck heel reads ESP Electric Sound Products with pencil mark 1-6-1-1-3 or something on end. Body is greenish tint white. Anyone know what I can sell it for? Neck is beautiful, straight, maple? We can't get info and anything would help. Plays great, tuners original, Duncan p/u original. Needs some tlc but plays great. Jack.

Pushead

Hard to determine a value, especially without photos.  Essentially in the 70s and early 80s, ESP made replacement parts, which might be why it got a Fender sticker.

Jackster J.

Thanks Pushead.

Jackster J.

Nathan S.

That's very cool! I wouldn't think you could put a price on it though if it was your dad's. 

Jackster J.

My dad can't play anymore due to hand stuff. Was hoping someone on this forum might have clue of value since we would prefer to sell it and put that into a pedal steel, which he would not have hand issue with. Any feedback on price is appreciated. Thx. Jack

Nathan S.

Oh ok, I see. When you said inherited it, I had assumed he had passed. In which case I figured it would be of high value to you. My mistake.

Jackster J.

Thanks for post. Yeah, cause dad played it, it is of high value to me. You know how that goes.

Pushead

I'd suspect you'd have more luck trying to sell it as a Fender than as an ESP.  I'd guess around the $700 range, but I'm really not up to date on the value of late 70s Fenders.  Most that I've seen are Strats, and most of those are natural with large headstocks, which don't sell particularly well.

Jackster J.

Thanks Pushead. Well, I guess it is an old ESP with Fender decal. lol. If anyone has other feedback, I'll be interested, but I gather it is not worth more than whatever someone is willing to pay for its great playability. Whatever that might be.  

CLT-ESP

Hi Jackster J, 

Just sent you a friend request if you want to send me a message regarding your ESP Tele. I might be interested if you're looking to sell it. 

Hassle

Where abouts are you? US/UK? Or elsewhere?

Post to Thread