Real Explorer?

Updated
gokuangus

Hey guys. I was wondering if you could help me figure out if this guitar is real? I have a feeling it isn't given the person's claim that they are unsure of the guitar's origins as it was a gift. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. It's on craigslist by the way. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/5418031580.html

Big Daddy B

Ad is deleted. Did you buy it?

gokuangus

I didn't. Pretty sure it was fake though. 

Mike A.

Hey man, I checked with ESP and the guitar was real!  I tried to buy it but I was too late!  

ESP 348

Wow, missed out mate. I never saw it, but what made you think it was a fake?

Did you see it Mike?? What did you think of it man? Was cheap I take it if it sold straight away?

Cheers Pap

gokuangus

The guy had it posted a while ago and heavily hinted at it being a chinese knock-off without outright saying it. He later reposted the guitar, but never answered when I asked if it was real. I still really doubt it was. I mean, the guy basically admitted it was fake in the original posting. 

ESP 348

Interesting Gok, after all Mike said he got into on ESP and they confirmed it was real.

Either way, probably best you stayed away from it if you were not going to be happy with it's origin.

Cheers Pap

Mike A.

Yeah the guy from ESP asked me to send them pictures from Craigslist and he sent them to the Japan office and they confirmed it was legit.   

ESP 348

Ok, thanks for the info Mike.

Post to Thread