ESP M-II determining year?

Updated
Phillip H.

Picked this up on CL. It was found under the search " gutiar " on a chance of a misspelled listing. $160 with the original case.

It is a blend of the deluxe and the custom.

It was 250,000 on Japanese market in around 1998 which puts it about $1600.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Phil in Florida 

Pushead

Pictures and the serial number will help.

Phillip H.

First time posting. Thought photos uploaded.

Will try again.

Phillip H.
Phillip H. wrote:

Picked this up on CL. It was found under the search " gutiar " on a chance of a misspelled listing. $160 with the original case.

It is a blend of the deluxe and the custom.

It was 250,000 on Japanese market in around 1998 which puts it about $1600.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Phil in Florida 

Pushead

Yeah, mid to late 90s MII deluxe. Should go around $700 to $900.  At $160, I'd be concerned that it's stolen. 

Phillip H.

It's legit. Got he story behind it since last post. Bought in 1996 on Japanese economy by the guy in the Navy stationed there. Life happens and it's been in a storage locker they shipped household goods back in since about 2000. The person who sold was pretty close to the original owner and it seemed like a sad subject as he referred to him in the 3rd person and past tense. It was missing a string and the three way selector had a short in it. The locking nut had been removed and the tremolo was blocked off. They had a band during college in the Navy and dropped tunings a lot.

Your thoughts did cross my mind so I reached back out to the guy in a friendly way.

The ad was posted on CL with android and done in a quick manner and it just said " make offer" so I did.

carbons2k

I have one similar except the bottom cut away is scalloped

Post to Thread