Eclipse I and Eclipse II??

Updated
DB-VII
What is the major diff? I heard the lower horn and hardware is this true?
Ozwepaie

The whole scale is different. IMO the 1, just kills the 2. It's not just how it looks.
The weight, feel, tone. Everything. And I'm talking the standard. not even the
full thickness. Spring for the 1. you'll be a lot happier.
If you can ? Go to a store where you can play a "ESP" Truckster. And compare that
to the EC-2. The Truckster plays more like a 1. But a real 1 will still have better tone.

ozzybob

The whole scale is different. IMO the 1, just kills the 2. It's not just how it looks.
If you can ? Go to a store where you can play a "ESP" Truckster. And compare that
to the EC-2. The Truckster plays more like a 1. But a real 1 will still have better tone.

Although I do agree that the Eclipse 1 is better than the EC-2, I wouldn't compare it with the Truckster. The Trucksters have the same body shape as the EC-2, but it has the same tone layout at the EC-1... That's why a lot of people would think that it is similar to the EC-1. There is really not a big difference in feel between the EC-2 and the Truckster...

Gfunk

:confused:

Whah?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Nagash

LOL

EC-IIs rock da house

I'm not saying EC-Is wouldn't suit some peoples needs better than th IIs but the IIs effing rock

Ozwepaie

On a side note: You might take notice, I had the respect of not butchering your
forum tag. Something I view as a sign of arrogance or insecurity ? You choose.

Ozwepaie

And back on topic. DB-VII, The EC-1 is a better guitar. Cut & dry !!

Gfunk

Oh, boy.

We got a live one here.

:lol

xchumfiestax

Wow. Just... Wow

:lol

Ozwepaie

OK.. I went and did some homework. And it would appear that guitars can vary dimensionally,
and remain in the same scale.
"Depending on the depth of the tenon. or cut into the body. The distance of the nut to the
12th fret will vary. And in circumstances based on construction preferences. Will alter the with
of the nut, as well as the highest fret."
"Although these dimensions could vary up to 9mm in extreme circumstances ? It does not affect
the overall scale of a said instrument."

That being said. The 1/8" or 4mm. differences between my EC-1 and EC-2 dimensions. However
noticeable and considerable. Do not affect the scale.

So in regard to them being a different scale. I am wrong !

I regard to the EC-1 being a better guitar.... I'm sticking by it !

Gfunk

I regard to the EC-1 being a better guitar.... I'm sticking by it !

So, because you prefer the features of the EC-1, and possibly the particular EC-1 you received is better than your particular EC-2, the entire line of EC-1s are better than the entire line of EC-2s.

Got it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Ozwepaie

Ohh' name calling from safe in his mommy's arms.
"a pair" ?? really ?? I did my homework and admitted I made a mistake.

It's not about being called out. It's about, antagonistic morons that have
nothing better to do. And yes ! I'm talking about you too.

honestly dude. Get a life.

Nicholas S.

Dear Ozwepaie,

People are trolling you because you react sensitively to perceived criticism.

That is all.
Love,
Swan

Post to Thread