Specs of the Horizon FR-II

Updated
Ace Flibble
I'm looking into buying one of these gorgeous guitars - I'm selling my Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul to fund it so y'know, it's quite important to me I have a really clear idea about what I'm buying before I go ahead with anything. Unfortunately I can't try the guitars out first because no stores here actually stock full ESP models, I'd have to pay to have one ordered in just to try it, which I'd like to avoid having to do. The problem is every site I look at lists different specs for these guitars. The ESP site lists them only coming in red with EMG active pickups, mahogany body and neck-through construction. Local stores list the guitar in dark red, black, brown burst and blue finishes with passive Seymour Duncan pickups, alder bodies and set-through construction (although they list the non-Floyd versions as being neck-through. Also all the pictures of the Floyd versions still all look like neck-through from the back). Except there's one place which actually lists it as being neck-through with an ash body instead. Some of the stores say the tone control is a push-push coil tap (I guess they mean a coil split since you don't tap humbuckers...), some say it's a push-pull coil tap and others just say it's a regular tone control. Some shops say they all have locking tuners (even the Floyd version), others say the non-Floyd has locking tuners and the Floyd one has regular Grovers. I'm in the UK - I know that ESP varies their guitars slightly for each region. How can I be sure the shops here have the spec right? I would normally trust what ESP say about their own guitars over what some random little shop says, but every shop here lists different specs to ESP. So does anyone know, for sure, what the spec is of the Horizon FR-IIs that the UK gets? And to save making another thread, I've got a couple more questions about the Horizon models in general that I'd appreciate answers for. Is the neck profile and fretwire the same as that found on LTD models? I've got a LTD SA-2 and a LTD Viper 401 and I really love the necks and fretwire on them, which is why I'm thinking about getting a full ESP. The ESP site lists all the guitars has having the same 'thin U' neck profile and 'XJ Frets', but given all the problem I have just locating a basic spec sheet, I would like confirmation on this specifically preferably from someone who owns both ESP Horizon guitars and some LTDs. If the FR-II model is set-through, will that make much difference compared to neck-through? I'm trying to get a tone like Emppu Vuorinen from Nightwish (in fact I'm trying to get as close to his guitar as possible) - his ESP Horizon models are neck-through with alder body wings. If the FR-II is actually set-through instead, but still had an alder body and maple neck, would that make much difference? Bearing in mind it uses passive pickups, not actives which I know cover up the tone of the wood a bit more. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm looking forward to possibly finally joining the ESP family properly.
Pushead

The neck on my NT version is just a tad thinner than Gibsons 59 Rounded profile (found on LP Studios, not the Historic LPs).

Pictures of the LP you're selling?

Beaten Beyond

I have both an FR and an FR-II. The FR is the newest to me and the more I play it, the more I like it. Just an awesome, very versatile guitar.

One interesting thing: it seems like the FR's neck is a little thicker than the FR-II. I was looking at the neck specs sheet on the BMusic forum and it looks like they should have the exact same specs. Next time I restring these guitars, I'm gonna get out the dial calipers and take measurements. By the way, are ESP Standard Series neck profiles CNC'd?

Post to Thread