M-III help

Updated
HUTCHINGS
Hi guys I hope someone can help me out with this. First of all I was wondering if anyone can tell me what year this M-III was made. I bought it used in a shop about 15 or 16 years ago, the serial number is 50605. Secondly I need to replace the bridge & I want to install an original floyd in place of the old ESP bridge but the stud's are slightly wider apart & don't line up for a floyd, what exactly do I need to have done. Thanks M
BLS

Very hard to pin point a date on ESP guitars (80's-early 90's) I would say you have a 90's era ESP. I'm pretty sure they came with a Sincalir bridge. You should check/pm or wait for 1point8t or Pus to comment on the re route of the trem cav. Pus has a post about this (Sinclair to Floyd) on the forum. Good luck!

MV-CTM

In order to fix the stud problem you need to glue some wood dowels or whatever into where the original studs were after you remove them and then redrill the correct holes for the OFR.

HUTCHINGS

I have no idea how to do that, I could probably fill the holes okay but installing the floyd properly is way out of my league. Can anyone give me some advice, or perhaps know of a good luthier in California I can send or take it to?

thanks

Qweklain

Why would you want to remove the Synclair anyways? Do you just not have one and would rather not look for one? My 48th St ESP has a Synclair and it sustains as well if not better than any OFR ESP I have had/played.

1point8t

There's a Synclair for sale on ebay right now from some shop in the UK, but they want like $175 for it... a little too much. Try making him an offer, see how much you can talk him down. They're great bridges, just a little tough to find parts for.

And definitely get that body refinished, that routing got pretty butchered! :/

Metlupass2

Jesus Christ who the hell routed that thing? Pushead?!

Just messin Phil.

Post to Thread