TonePros tune-o-matic bridge for Horizon NT-II

Updated
swill777
Hey guys, I just bought a like new Standard Series Horizon NT-II and I assume it came with the Gotoh TOM bridge. I would like to replace this with the TonePros TOM bridge. Do you guys know which model # is the correct one? I'll post a pic of the guitar when I get a chance. Thanks.
breakfastcrew

why? what is wrong with the gotoh bridge?

swill777

Nothing is wrong with it, I have a tonepros the came with my ec-1000 and I just like it better. I like the whole locking down to the bridge posts thing.

Gfunk

T3BT, large mounting holes.

swill777

Thanks!

OutlawTorn

the gotoh magnum lock tuners are a pain in the ass to re string imo, but they hold tune pretty well

singlecoilpickup

Not sure how crafty you are, but if you drill the proper holes into the Gotoh bridge and use some set screws, you'll essentially make a TonePros bridge and have a lot of change to pocket. Only do that if you're comortable making the mod yourself. Otherwise, TonePros and Gotoh are identical.

swill777

I was thinking the same thing man... Question is, what type/size bit do I use, and where do I get those type of allen screws in the right size? I don't imagine it's something HD or Lowes would carry... Maybe ACE Hardware? I assume I would also have to get the right size tap to thread the holes right? Any suggestions on the whole thing?

johnny00

I did that to my tail piece. Drilled two 3/32" (.093) inch holes and tapped them 4-40, added 2 4-40 set screws 1/4" long. Came out awesome. I did it on a machine, not by hand. Drilled pretty easy, but will be more difficult with a hand-drill. Careful if you clamp it in a vise kuz it's not super hard material, so protect it well.
If you have a true value hardware, that would be the place to go.
if you want, you can send it to me, prolly cost $3-$4 each way, I'll do it and send it back...no charge. Just pay shipping both ways. I live in CA., have the tools, screws, and all that. You can have a locking bridge for around $8 :)

Post to Thread