Eclipse II vs Eclipse Custom

Updated
Eclipse II vs Eclipse Custom
Aside from the set neck vs neck thru, how would you compare these two.
BrazilianBootyLover

Custom shop quality.

BroKV

Is the custom shop quality worth the extra $$

Piney Hills Music

im interested in what the different "physical attributes" it has

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gfunk

Is the custom shop quality worth the extra $$

Nope.

They are both exactly the same.

BroKV

As am I

xchumfiestax

I think YoDaddy has owned both

Blazer

you get what you pay for

/thread

Dilzdo21

even with the maple neck tone difference would be slight if they both had emg's , i own a viper with maple neck and mahogany necks and the difference is slim. If your gonna buy the eclipse custom production model mine as well save for your own full blown , def worth every penny. And the difference between the standard and custom is better woods , fret jobs , and having it hand built by a great luthier

espsy

even with the maple neck tone difference would be slight if they both had emg's , i own a viper with maple neck and mahogany necks and the difference is slim. If your gonna buy the eclipse custom production model mine as well save for your own full blown , def worth every penny. And the difference between the standard and custom is better woods , fret jobs , and having it hand built by a great luthier

I had a custom horizon built which took 7 months and when i got it i took it to my guitar tech friend to have it set up and the radius of the frets was way out on the fretboard. I also had very bad laquer peeling on the side of the neck. ESP uplifted it and sent it back to Japan for respray though. Standard series guitars i have had were better. Maybe i just had a bad one though.:rolleyes:

DeathIsMyJustice

I say go and try some. Describing quality always seams somewhat a cliché

BroKV

I don't think an Eclipse Custom is going to be laying around much of anywhere to go try. Might have some luck with the Eclipse II. Also I have been told if I order the Custom, I am to pay for it up front and there are no returns unless it is defective. I can see that with a custom shop order, as it should be as I requested.

Post to Thread