Fender American Deluxe vs. ESP Horizon NT-II

Updated
Sibs
I've narrowed it down to those guitars. Which one should i get??
DeathIsMyJustice

2 very different guitars there man, why are you looking for in a guitar?

CL4P-TP

You really are on two different ends of the spectrum. What are you looking for, music styles, etc.

Sibs

Like... Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saliva, Trapt, Green day, Nine Inch Nails, Ozzy Osborne, Van Halen, JerryC, Linkin Park, Led Zepplin,Neil Zaza, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Brian May, And AC/DC

Dæmonium

Like... Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saliva, Trapt, Green day, Nine Inch Nails, Ozzy Osborne, Van Halen, JerryC, Linkin Park, Led Zepplin,Neil Zaza, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Brian May, And AC/DC

Get the Fender, I've decided that you're not worthy to play an ESP.

load more replies (3 of 3)
CL4P-TP

I think the Horizon would suit you better then just going by that list.

Sibs

Anyone else? I can't just take one guys opinion.

CL4P-TP

Can you try them out somewhere?

Sibs

I'm going to guitar center on sunday

CL4P-TP

You aren't likely going to find the horizon there, since guitar center doesn't carry ESP.

Sibs

Dammit! But as Thrashman said it wouldn't hurt to try out other guitars

CL4P-TP

No, it wouldn't. I go there from time to time and see what's new. It's nice getting a feel for what else is out there.

Sibs

The fun part is playing the really expensive guitars, and they don't care

Piney Hills Music

thats why they have shitty guitars..

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gfunk

I've narrowed it down to those guitars. Which one should i get??

They both suck.

Gibson and Ibanez are the best.

Sibs

They both suck.

Gibson and Ibanez are the best.

Gfunk, don't you have a horizon?

I was thinking about a Les Paul studio.

load more replies (1 of 1)
nivek41

Horizons are tough to find in retail stores (even ESP dealers). I would say go with the Horizon as you have the coil tap which allows for the single coil sound. That will get you close to your Chilli Pepper sound. It really is much more versatile than a strat.

BigMESA

I've owned an American Strat and I own a Horizon NT-II. The Horizon NT-II kills the Strat in my opinion. Especially with that coil tap I can even get tele like sounds out of mine. I ordered my Horizon without playing one and I can definitely tell you it was totally worth it.

Yo Daddy

If you're going to get the Horizon NT-II, I just got one of the new STBs and it's killer. I was surprised to see that it had the coil tap on the volume pot with a push/push setup. It gets that nice Fender Strat single coil sound and then also the rockin' metal tone.

lovers, imo, that mark morton is ugly with a capital "U". :x :p

xcc

I would say go with the Horizon because of it's coil tap function. And it do look hell of a lot better than a fender strat IMO

Post to Thread