So, any opinions on Ouija's and IC?

Updated
truckster
Hope you have already checked the pics in ESP News section ;) Does the result live up your expectations? )) And I really like distressed Hamilton's barby guitars :rollin
scottph

if i were esp i would do the same - there are enough fanatics out there who pay it.
these guitars have zero potential to grow in price, so why buy them?
buy a gibson lpc + invest $200 in styling the guitar and you got a real hetfield ic for less than $3000

murdock73

if i were esp i would do the same - there are enough fanatics out there who pay it.
these guitars have zero potential to grow in price, so why buy them?
buy a gibson lpc + invest $200 in styling the guitar and you got a real hetfield ic for less than $3000

+1.000.000.000.000.000

:hat:hat

Fade To Black 1985

Scottph: there's an ESP JH-2 on eBay right now!

scottph

thanks, but both aren't one the official 200 produced.

BroKV

How much are the dealers making on the guitar? Is it a 30% markup?

frantic77

shame

scottph

$5000 would be the maximum i'd have paid for it.
i hope the won't sell just one of them

carbons2k

It goes to show you that the market is not catered to the REAL fans. The kids and the people that got the bands to where they are now. Whats the point of selling 100 guitars for 7grand each when you can sell 1000 guitars in the $2500 range? You would make more money and more people would respect your company. I know this is ESP we're talking about but I mean this is crazy now. Aside from the decal theres nothing really special about the white ouija. I could make that guitar for 1500 and thats buying an M2 new. is his sig at the top worth $5000? I dont think so.

gainiac

The ebony board on the Ouijia is what kills it for me, not the price. Why not put a high quality rosewood board on it and make it authentic?

hammett3

IMO i think it's bullshit that the prices are so high..i asked my local ESP dealer what i had to pay for the LTD version of the ouija and he said that i had to pay 23,000 NOK here in norway,and thats like 3410 USD..and he said that it was just orderd 12 LTD versions to norway..IMO that is just bullshit! ain't LTD supposed to the cheap version of ESP? i think LTD is just getting higher and higher in price,and that sucks.

truckster

I've ordered Ouija white/black + IC. Still don't know the retail/my price. As soon as I know, give an info here. Actually, russian ESP market was the cheapest in world - retail for KH-20 was $5500. RETAIL! But this year's prices are getting mad every week due to high exchange rate. Anyway, will know the price. My dealer has been ordered just 1 item of each model especially for me so i SHOULD buy them anyway. Still hope that the price will be lower then EUR6500 as in Europe, guys ((

Joelamoule

wooooow just got the information...IC in "laboite noire" in france will be 9500€.....just have to say lol...as we know that thomman sell the guitar for les than 7000€.....

i think ESP know that hetfield sig...and metallica stuff are really collectible by fanboiz....but they just take us as stupid boyz too...with that type of price...

load more replies (1 of 1)
BroKV

I've ordered Ouija white/black + IC. Still don't know the retail/my price. As soon as I know, give an info here. Actually, russian ESP market was the cheapest in world - retail for KH-20 was $5500. RETAIL! But this year's prices are getting mad every week due to high exchange rate. Anyway, will know the price. My dealer has been ordered just 1 item of each model especially for me so i SHOULD buy them anyway. Still hope that the price will be lower then EUR6500 as in Europe, guys ((

Both, wow. Waiting for pics.

hammett3

dude,i admire you! a ouija AND a iron cross? i wish i lived in russia! here in norway i must pay over 13,000 USD for an iron cross..i think it's waaaay to expencive..if i had that kind of money i probably would have purchase it.

Fixxer6671

I looked into the IC for the US, just for kicks...... It was $6500 USD :eek:

Smell yah later:rollin

truckster

i wish i lived in russia! here in norway i must pay over 13,000 USD for an iron cross..

Oil is cheap now, will try to sell more natural gas to buy IC and Ouija's ))))

Jerryteacup

On the Iron Cross... Anybody else feel that since the Gibson was the original the ESP is a knock-off? I know some of you will gut me for calling an ESP a knock-off. But that's basically it...

...Don't you think it validates you getting a, say, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, decorate it and call it a Hetfield Iron Cross?

Just my opinion... The concept of the ESP Iron Cross doesn't quite work for me. Truckster is a whole different matter, of course.

Fixxer6671

Yeah, I agree. I think you buy a custom, and decorate it, and thats it. From what I have seen, the epiphones are not the same caliber as the LTD's and can't touch the ESP line (I've been playing more).

The ESP take in my opinion is an inspired by, and in its own rights a nice guitar.

What I don't get, is why would they "limit" it?

Jerryteacup

I wasn't going into which label is better than the other. It's just that the ESP Iron Cross just screams "FAKE!" right into my face. It's like, if they do it, that kinda validates your homemade fake, in my eyes, you know?

Dark Alone

I wasn't going into which label is better than the other. It's just that the ESP Iron Cross just screams "FAKE!" right into my face. It's like, if they do it, that kinda validates your homemade fake, in my eyes, you know?

Yeah. But Hetfield isn't playing your homemade fake on stage these days. He is playing his ESP IC.

Also, no one seemed to have a problem with Hetfield's original white MXs, which were just ESP versions of his white Gibson Explorer.

load more replies (3 of 3)
Jerryteacup

Fordman here got what I was after.

Post to Thread