tuneing low causes bad buzz

Updated
woodddj
i have played ibanez guitars for the better part of my life. here recently i decided to join the ESP family, so i got a ESP/LTD VIPER 401FM. with my ibanez's, i am able to tune standard or drop C tune. and i have no problem with fret buzz. with my viper if i play standard i have no buzz, but if i drop tune. i have way more buzz than i want. i carried my guitar to a tech and he just blew me off and told me that all guitars buzz. i thought he was just being a dick, because my ibanez's dont buzz. i normaly adjust my truss rod and bridge height to my personal taiste. but for some reason, i cant get it dead on what i want it to be. is this normal for the viper series? is the earvana nut causing my problem? sorry for the noob question, but i really need some input on this matter.
91horizon

I found that the Dunlop heavy Core strings for drop tuning really made a difference on my Horizon. They are wound much tighter so when you drop tune they donr buzz. Try them

91horizon

I have found the Dunlop Heavy Core strings work great for drop tune. They are wound much tighter so dont buzz. They are made for drop tuning.

Dilzdo21

wound tighter for no buzz????? lollllllll

Post to Thread