ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

ESP 348

Great looking strap man. Made in Italy you just know the quality would be good.

ESP 348

Just saw that, cheers Big Daddy.

vex_sb

I found her and pulled the trigger  

Coming in 2 days :-O 

Breadfan32

Congrats man!  You're gonna love it! 

Guiguitarz

Congrats man ! It's a killer guitar and the finish is so unique !! 

ESP 348

Very cool Vex!! Looking forward to seeing more (bigger and better) pics of it when it arrives.

Guiguitarz

Here is a 2011 KH-2 SE "Signature Series" stamped and a K serial. Black Chrome Hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-ESP-Kirk-Hammett-KH-2-SE-Green-Burst-1-of-100-MINT-1890-/131843145302?hash=item1eb276be56:g:UeIAAOSwnNBXWWZ- 

The production of those hundred was feaaaky 

ESP 348

Gorgeous guitar!! Definitely very odd what went down with these guitars.

ESP 348

Meetursparkle always has cool ESP guitars for sale don't they.

Luke22

I can second that yes he is great to deal with. Got my Iron Cross from him years ago and now a new custom shop KH2 coming. Anyone looking for a MX, I'm sure he could help. Not cheap though.

ESP 348

That is another thing I noticed, they are not exactly cheap by any means when it comes to asking prices for their guitars.

Pushead

You can visit his website and/or e-mail him directly and he'll work a better price for you.

Luke22
Pushead wrote:

You can visit his website and/or e-mail him directly and he'll work a better price for you.

Yep definitely. No ebay fees then.

Breadfan32

Luke22 did you have to pay duties on the IC from Meeatersparkle?  There is an IC for sale right now in Japan I'm thinking about buying but wondering if I'll get hit with duties in Canada.  It's weird sometimes people do and sometimes they don't.  

Luke22

Yeah I did. I can't remember how much now. It's usually the HST plus some on the declared or insured value. Cool who is selling one? They don't pop up often anymore.

Breadfan32
Luke22 wrote:

Yeah I did. I can't remember how much now. It's usually the HST plus some on the declared or insured value. Cool who is selling one? They don't pop up often anymore.

ebay

Luke22
Breadfan32 wrote:

ebay

Can't find it..any link? Just curious to see what it's selling for.

Breadfan32

It's already been removed by seller so not sure if he sold it outside of eBay.  Was going to ship it for 5500.  

ESP 348

Cheers Pushead, I will keep that in mind if I ever need to contact him one day.

Luke22

On the topic of the KH 2 SE, I tend to believe ESP made more than 100 of these guitars. Without them being numbered with COA's I just don't believe they only made 100 of them. I've seen LOTS of these for sale since they were made. They did the same thing (kinda) with the white iron cross when it first came out, some reps said 100 were only being made, and then it changed to only made for 2014. Now it's 2016 and they are still making them  I jumped on buying one at the time, but you can get one for a lot less now.

ESP 348

They made more SE guitars than they said they would??

I am thinking class action boys!

Ferrari did the same thing with the F40. They made A LOT more than they planned too. They still sold out, but the original buyers paid a lot more for their Ferraris.

Luke22

I'm not saying that as a fact man haha, just my thoughts from what I have seen over the past few years.

ESP 348

Lol, I think you might be right though.

Breadfan32

I agree with you big daddy.

By new ones in 2016 though I think he was referring to the white iron cross that's still being made.  

Luke22

I agree with you big daddy.

By new ones in 2016 though I think he was referring to the white iron cross that's still being made.  

Thanks for the clarification. Now that I re-read it I think you are right. Kinda like the LTD White Zombie as well. At first it was reported to be limited but I have seen at least up into the 400s

Yes only the Iron Cross in 2016. I've never seen an SE outside a K11 or SS11 serial. My main point was I think they built more than 100 of them in that year. Considering they aren't individually numbered or anything like that. And I have seen a ton of them for sale.

ESP 348

I think you're on the money there Luke. They made more than 100 and we will never know as they are not numbered like the KH-20 and Oiujas.

Mike A.

Hey what do you guys think is a better overall guitar, the Vintage or the Greenburst?  

Guiguitarz

The Vintage, 2001 to 2005 issues. Best feeling, light and Sustain. Greenburst is a great guitar tho, but Vintage is ahead 

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

The Vintage, 2001 to 2005 issues. Best feeling, light and Sustain. Greenburst is a great guitar tho, but Vintage is ahead 

YES!! What this guy reckons!

As great as the SE is, the Vintage is the go!

I love my Vintage, sounds amazing and has sustain that goes forever.

Post to Thread