Trade a Truckster vs a KH-DC

Updated
Trade a Truckster vs a KH-DC

Hi guys,

Would hear about your feedbacks, I'm about to deal a trade between my ESP Truckster Black (JH Set) as new, and a MINT ESP KH-DC Cherry, this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/401038421518?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But the seller ended the auction as soon as we begin to trade ...

I think I'll get as much power, and vintage sound as I used to get from the Truckster with its JH Set.

What are your opinions mates ?

Thank's,

Guillaume.

frantic77

Not a big fan of the DC but that one looks very nice,also it is a Custom shop version,isn't it?

Guiguitarz

It's a 2012 issue, ESP made them in Signature Series this year, for a market value of ~2400$, they discontinued the series and made it available only on Custom Shop order for 5k$ ...

frantic77

i see 2013 on the ebay picture 

Guiguitarz

Back of its headstock 

frantic77

got it but the link you posted shows a different guitar.nevermind

Breadfan32

Just saw this now looks different from eBay pic.  

Breadfan32

Hard to tell but doesn't look like there is a signature series logo on the back of the headstock which makes me believe it's a 2013 the year they didn't have a logo on the back of the headstock.  Should have a serial number that starts with k so I would believe it is a custom shop version.

Guiguitarz

Sorry, I sent the wrong link, you right guys ...

BTW, the seller don't want to ship it to France... So the deal is over for me...

Breadfan32

Change is good and you would be getting a good guitar in return if you like it so go for it.  

Breadfan32

Just saw the pic you uploaded rear of headstock looks different then the eBay ad.  My bad. 

ESP 348

I don't like my KH DC, but I would still swap an ESP Truckster for it as I like them even less.

Big Daddy B

The original link you posted was a 2013 custom shop. It was sold from. Sweetwater for like $5k and looked like the owner sold it for $1700 which would be a huge loss however the seller lives close to Sweetwater it appears and sells a lot of gear do who knows the true story. That would have been a good trade. The SS series the prices are pretty stagnant. I see guys having trouble moving them in the low 1s. You may be able to do better buying outright.

Another way to tell the difference  is the SS doesn't have a first fret inlay and the K does. Having both versions, I find the workmanship on the K a lot better but mine is from japan.

Guiguitarz

Hi Big D. 

Yeah my first link was a wrong one, I thought it was the one I was dealing ... This one was a very great deal but she disappeared quickly ... 

I was aware about the difference between the K and the SS 

I don't know what to do with my Truckster ... I really LOVE that guitar, it's a beast of power and versatility. But it has the value of a Hammett's guitar like a KH-3 or a DC ... I am waiting for the good opportunity... Or I can sell it now and keep money for my Holy black Ouija that I miss so much

Thank y'all for your answers,

See ya.

G. 

Big Daddy B

Even that first one, the K serial went thru a few auction cycles before it sold. It's not a very popular model. There was a guy on here recently selling a original black Ouija. Not sure if he did already.

Post to Thread