What Tuning Do You Use And What Guage String And Guitar And Why?

Updated
garyjfoster
I Use D Standard With D'addario 11 Guage...its Not High Like Standard E ...its The Perfect Tuning For Me...and I Use A Gibson Explorer And Ltd Vipers All Modified
axlpxl

Esp Eclipse, Drop Bb, 13-64 custom Daddario set.

mansoncharles

LTD 2005 MH-1000 - Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys (I just leave it in standard because i'm lazy and can't be bothered retuning). I also tried some Power Slinkys but I didn't really like them.

Jackson KE3 Kelly - Used the same as above. (No longer use this guitar due to ESP superiority :P)

garyjfoster

i hace a feeling that if you keep putting short scale guitars in low tunings and really heavy strings your gonna do damage to the neck overtime...

onemilelost

i hace a feeling that if you keep putting short scale guitars in low tunings and really heavy strings your gonna do damage to the neck overtime...

He would do more damage if he had heavy strings and standard tuning. The lower tunings will relieve some of the tension. He still needs to keep an eye on it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Aidenm

D Standard, Ernie ball regular slinkys, cuz its my bands tuning and plus it has a nice Gojira-y sound haha

deftones

10 - 52 strat drop d

Harvesterofsorrow1199

i use 11-52 on my schecter c-1 plus tuned e-flat and used for drop d stuff often
11-50 on my epiphone les pauls tuned standard
11-50 on my floyd rose equipped guitars tuned e-flat
and all equipped with emg active pickups mostly 81/60

Notes_Norton

I use D'Addario 9s on my LTD, Gibson and Epiphone.

Why?

Two reasons

1) I bend the strings a lot
2) Since I also play sax, flute, wind synth, percussion controller and sometimes keyboards on stage, I don't play enough to bend 13s.

Notes

Matthew

Right now my main guitar is in Eb with Elixir 10s on it.

rudygeorge

My strat used to have D'addario strings 10-46 for E standard, Eb and Db. Now I use D'addario XL super light gauge strings. 9-42 for E standard.

mikemichael317

11's with a wound G on a esp/ltd ec400at in a whole step down.

Velt017

10-48 in Eb and dropped C#

I don't really use any other tunings.

garyjfoster

i just had my esp/ltd dv8-r dave mustaine v put in standard with d'addario 10-46

mikevsself

standard or drop d with 9's on my f-100. i like the feel of 9's on the f-100 neck. very comfortable and easy to work with. sound ridiculous
and rex ever try the misfits dean markley strings. their pretty heavy

hitiuga

That i can remember...

10-52's on my xpt700 B D or C standard depending on my mood.

9-46's on my Rga Either D or E standard, sometimes dropped.

11-50's on my ESP's One on Drop C, one in open C

Notes_Norton

Standard tuning. Why? So I can pick up 99% of the guitars on the planet and play them.

Strings - 9s. Why? I bend them a lot, and I had an injury on the little finger of my left hand a long time ago making the joint tender if the strings are too hard to bend.

Notes

Post to Thread