What Tuning Do You Use And What Guage String And Guitar And Why?

Updated
garyjfoster
I Use D Standard With D'addario 11 Guage...its Not High Like Standard E ...its The Perfect Tuning For Me...and I Use A Gibson Explorer And Ltd Vipers All Modified
skylarkman

Gibson Les Paul Standard D standard Elixer 10's
ESP LTD KH 202 D Standard Elixer 10's
ESP LRD KH 503 D Standard Elixer 10's
ESP LTD OUJIA D Standard Elixer 10's
ESP MX200 Dropped C Elixer 10's

I Just love the elixers they have an ultra smooth coating and last me at least 1 month and thats with pratice 2 times a week and 1 gig a week at least

drrampemstein Are you sure they were elixers I know DR makes Black strings but never seen Elixers and those DR's were ASS in a simple word

T.L.

Elixirs are nice on acoustic guitar (and are what I use), but for electric, nothing beats good old-fashioned nickle wound strings (like Ernie Ball Slinkys). I hate when that Elixir coating starts peeling off...

load more replies (1 of 1)
FLSHWND

Gibson Flying V D standard Dunlop Medium-Heavy .10-.51
ESP M-II UC Drop C Dunlop ZW Set (Medium) .10-46
ESP Horizon D Standard Factory Strings .09-.42 I think
Ibanez RGT42 D'addario .10-.49 Set

But I think I'm gonna go for the .10-.46 from now on as that thickness on the strings fits me the best

thrashinbatman

i believe I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinky .46 to .10, in Standard.

garyjfoster

i always clean my strings every time im done playing...my d'addario strings last a long time

slovakzombiehero

Lately I've been using Ernie Ball nickel wounds with a wound third string, 13-56 for C standard and and 11-52 for drop C#.

garyjfoster

i had my explorer in c standard in 12-52 with a wound 3rd...and its pretty good...but i went back to d standard in 11-49 d'addario

Pencils2

Gibson LP Std+ : DR Tite Fit 10-46 : E-std

DR makes great strings; they always feel new, sound bright, and have great tension. I hear LaBella is even better than DR in the above areas though, so I need to go try those out.

One thing I love about DR strings though is that they don't break from regular use. 2mm picks, so that always helps.

I am thinking of getting a second guitar though, because I am missing a low B. I'm not into downtuning, so a guitar tuned to B-std with a capo allows me to play anything from E to B with no tuning inbetween.

Rubén M.

Hi there, I could use some advice if someone around is familiarized with the MH-250 or similar. This is a neck thru 25.5" guitar but I would like to try a baritone tuning on it, which would be A# F A# D# G C, I recently had it set on B-F#-B-E-G#-C# with 13 gauge strings and either the dude sucks at his job or this tunings are just not for my guitar. Before giving it one more try I would like to see what do you people think or some advice on how far can I push it with deeper tunings. Thanks in advance.  

Post to Thread