Ask an Admin

Updated
Ask an Admin

Ask questions about the site, the forum or your account. We'll do our best to answer or get an answer.

metalhobo

HERE'S A PROTIP:

A few years ago, Harmony Central switched from their vBulletin BBS system to some custom software (aka HC3.0). While the software was okay, numerous bugs, etc. caused a very large portion of their user base to abandon the site. They recently switched back to vBulletin and have seen some number of people come back. While vBulletin certainly is not perfect, it has been developed for a much longer time. I'm not like omess, and I won't say things like "OH THIS SOFTWARE'S BEEN DEVELOPED FOR SIX MONTHS IT SHOULD BE DONE." Developing software takes time (much more than six months), and I don't think the users of the ESP board appreciate wading through bugs and underdeveloped interfaces while the kinks are being fixed. So while I think many of the features the new site has to offer are a step in the right direction, ultimately it just needs A LOT more development time to really be useable.

Zorlac

I agree with this post but tbh it's still bullshit. If it was gonna take planning and tweaking then that should have been properly done before launching it. The temp board could have been left up in the meantime, they could have tested this board for a year or so and got it to a useable point. They could have utilized polls to vote on options (such as nesting, smilies, and quote options) ahead of time to fine tune the board to the people they knew would be using it. 

Lastly the switchover (of our profiles and the GD section.)

kind of a kick in the teeth.

Joey Spirito

Hey Mr. Admin. I have a question on pricing a custom guitar. I have my own design for the body and headstock. Those would have to be sent to you. Maybe I could get your email or someones email to get an exact price, because it wont fit on the order form. But maybe from just the materials you could give me a rough estimate to help me out here and anyone else who may be wondering the same thing. It would be all all mahogany with maple NT construction, ebony freboard (with 24 XJ frets of course), a custom design for inlays, and dimarzio pick ups. Let's say the pick ups in the stores are running $170 together. I'm debating on a getting a FR, if not, it would have the same bridge type as Andy James. Also I would like a FM top, colors im deciding, and it HAS to have a satin finish on the thin U neck. Oh and I almost forgot, I would want your companies locking tuners, and a tone knob and pick up selector is the only necessary. There a price that pops up for that???

Dave R.

For this, you would need to bring a printed custom order form with your specs and any additional materials to an Authorized ESP Dealer (or email them if you prefer). At that point, your dealer should be able to come back to you with a firm quote. You can download a form here.

load more replies (2 of 2)
slab

the jaymz owes you, not our overworked-underpaid mod -

contact papa thru his site and i'm sure goodies will ensue

MAXIMUS POWER

Ha ha....good call man! I may do that! I actually got to work with Metallica when they were last here in Halifax for a one off show in the summer of 2011. It was the best ever! It was my 20th time seeing them live and my first time working with them. I actually got to help Zach set up James's Cabs, helped him pull them right out of their roadcases and put them in place! Man that was the best feeling ever! I also got to set up James's Microphone Stand, run Kirks main feed from his monitors to his guitar tech Justin and help build and strike their stage that has been all over the world so many many many times. Just walking the stage was the Fucking best feeling ever! From unloading their roadcases from their trucks to the setup and strike it was such an amazing 2 days for me and a dream come true! At the end of the night I even got to help Zach unload their dressing room. After the load in the day before the gig I was chatting it up with Zach backstage welcoming him and the boys back to town after almost 20 years. When I told him this was my 20th Metallica show, my first being in Halifax on the Justice Tour in 89 he was super impressed and told me to come see him tomorrow after the gig and that he had something really cool for me. I walked away with Lars's Drumsticks he used during the show and 55 Metallica Guitar picks plus their setlist from the stage, 5 giant beachballs, and best of all the opportunity to work with my hereos that have helped shape who I am today and a big part of what I have accomplished personally and professionally. Im now only two days away from working with BLACK SABBATH and finally going to get to meet my other hereos OZZY TONY & GEEZER after seeing SABBATH 9 times and OZZY 25 times! Fuck me life is good! Bottom line guys! Never give up on your dreams! I am living proof that if you want it bad enough you can make it happen! 

Pushead

Why does the "Ghost Soldier" guitar on the front page (which is a 6 string guitar) have a 7 string pickup?

jt76

I asked this same question on 11/20/2013 and have still not recieved an anwser.

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963224/posts/1968212-ghost-soldier-guitar

Pushead

Yes, I felt it needed addressing on a more official thread.

Dave R.

The builder decided on that for whatever reason, I don't know of any 'official' reason. 

metalhobo

it's so it has 1/6 more tone

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tondog

Does James Hetfield get 10 custom Snakebytes in and select only 4 or 5 that meet his personal requirements like pro athletes do with their equipment that was theoretically all made the same?

Aditya

How to get the guitar lessons from dangerous guitar after crossing 25000 points?

exhibit-sbt

Umm.. just go buy all the Metallica song tab books and learn those.. Probably what you want at the end of the day anyway.

Bartosz S.

Just wait. ESP will send a message about it.

deftoneskidd

i have a legitimate question. why are you making it so difficult for members to actually use the forum? i would like to post a link to a picture without having to upload it to the forum and without having to trick the system into thinking I'm a regular contributor by uploading 2000 stolen pictures. 

ChainOfThought

Forcing us all to spam pictures onto the server to accumulate enough points to be able to actually interact here is the answer to stopping spam on the boards while not requiring manual activation by a moderator when a user registers.  I've already suggested lowering the requirement to something reasonable like 10 posts which most forums do, but I believe it was met with either nothing or 'we'll think about it.'

Hence why I have hundreds of motivational posters loaded into my profile :/  I wonder how much of a strain the rampant picture uploading puts on their server storage/bandwidth.  I stopped when I realized I had well passed 2k mark, but these dudes uploading ridiculous amounts of stolen photos to hit the 100k & up combined with all of us doing it just to be able to use the forum has to got be causing some unnecessary pain...

Ozzfun

I like to imagine our good ol Mod who handled us so wonderfully all these years realizes this is a big piece of crap but he has to grin at his bosses and pretend they had a great idea.

Aditya

When will we get our guitar lessons. I have crossed 25000 points already.

Ozzfun

You don't deserve any lessons.

slab

i think you've learned a better lesson

something you can use in real life

life is cruel and your dreams will be crushed

Joey Spirito

hey. great question XD could you check out my new channel just for fun?

http://youtu.be/LluED_yOgIM

Bartosz S.

Sure. 

vex_sb

Why did you put this retard forum up, it should be regular one where i would not lokking for " send PM " for half hour and still have no clue how to do it. Never seen forum site this stupid. 

guitargirlemg81

Send a friend request to the person and wait until he accepts so you can PM him.

Alex A.

Hello,

How can I go about purchasing from the 'Model Clearence Sale' section? I don't see a button to add to the cart.

Dave R.

Are you in the US? The add to cart option is only available in the USA.

Eric N.

when are the other colors for the Warbird going to be released? Also what company is making the skateboards?

Dave R.

I don't know the exact schedule as far as the next release, but the next model sample is in production.

The skateboards are made by Syndrome Distribution (Birdhouse, Stereo, BLVD). Great product.

Dave R.

That's awesome. It is a very cool guitar. Here's a video you may dig: Will Adler & Elliot Sloan "Science!"

Post to Thread