Just wanted to say hello

Updated
Just wanted to say hello

I used to play a Fender Squire Bullet Strat until I got a job and decided it was time to buy my first real guitar.

I chose the KH 25 LTD for a numbered reasons. One, it was built to the specifications of Kirk Hammett. Two, it had 24 frets for more of a playing feild and number the 3, the EMG pick ups because I like to play Metal (you got to love those Pick ups).

I never tried a Rose Floyds bridge before with the tremolo lock system and I got to say I love it. I never had a guitar with a set up that good.

It's abit annoying to tune, but once you get to playing, it is all worth it.

And that is why I enjoy playing ESP.

exhibit-sbt

The reasons why you love ESP seem a bit nonspecific to ESP.  Tell us more please. 

roger louttit

Because they are the main supplier to Metallica. I thought I mentioned that as reason number one. If Metallica used Yamaha guitars as their main gear then guess where I would be posting my approval. 

My love for ESP is mostly fan based.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Zorlac

There are dozens of guitars with those specs...

roger louttit

Yeah I guess, but to what degree? Should I just buy it because it's ESP???

I like the guitar because it was built to the specifications of Kirk Hammetts first custom ESP. I play a lot of Metallica and if ESP are their main supplier then I would buy from them.

I want the sound of Metallica. Kirks set up most likely since he was the first one to introduce the ESPs to the group.

Any other ESP I wouldn't buy. I could of easily customed my Fender with EMG pick ups and said its still the same.

guitargirlemg81

Not to be mean but buying a guitar because it suits another guy is stupid. Why don't you try guitars in stores and see what is best for yourself? You can also play metal with pickups other than EMG.

roger louttit

I live in a capitalist country. I just throw money at stuff and watch everything come together. Metallica's guitars sound awesome so I threw some money in that direction. 

jt76

the ltd kh 25 comes with esp actives not emgs

Zorlac

Don't spoil his fanboy.

jt76

by the way, welcome, enjoy your ltd,  sorry we are all a bunch of dicks

Jeff K.

Welcome to the forum, Roger. Thanks.

Powerslave

Does this mean we can start getting Cherokee Nation News updates again?

roger louttit

With all these comments I been getting its as if this community doesn't approve of ESPs or people owning them. What ever happened to "right on buddy, good choice"

guitargirlemg81

There are 5 threads in this same page of this section that suggest otherwise.

You've already been told that it's a nice guitar.

load more replies (3 of 3)
ChainOfThought

How long have you been playing guitar?

roger louttit

I been  playing since I was 19. I mostly play Metallica since that was the music my friends listened to.

My father is in a band so I always had guitars around. He played with a Gibson and BC Rich.

I guess when my friends used to jam along with the songs I one day asked how they did that and they gave me the tabs and told me to learn from that.

So I taught myself how to play with a little bit of help from my friend Curtis who showed me how some of the tricks I didn't understand where pulled off.

Now I just jam to Metallica and work on my own songs. 

J

hello.

Post to Thread