ESP KH-1 HELP

Updated
ESP KH-1 HELP

Hi,

I have a chance to get an ESP KH-1 but the “made in Japan” version, not the one with the K serial number.

can anyone give some intel?

thank you all 

Manuel B.

I know, this is also made in Japan, but according to guitar collector there’s 3 versions, the custom shop mV-290, this one and the Kh-1 with a K serial number 

Manuel B.

Manuel B.

I know it’s legit and it came from the retailer, I just wanted to know a bit more about the versions 

BlackJack21

Seems like a legit KH-1 but not sure about not having a serial on there. Maybe it was removed after idk. Either case the price is still good on the bolt-on version of this guitar.

Manuel B.

I believe this is the export version, usually only the ESPs that are leaving the Japanese market have the Made In Japan sticker on 

BlackJack21

You have the bolt-on and neck-thru versions.

https://guitarscollector.com/1992---1997---esp-kh-1---mv-290.html

Manuel B.

but if you look closely the headstock on this one is pointier

BlackJack21

Interesting I see that.

Manuel B.

I just like to know the story on the guitars, but either way my mind was made up, I’m getting it tomorrow XD 

BlackJack21

Cool, congrats man. That was my very first ESP back in the day. Enjoy it!

Manuel B.

Really? Bolt on or neckthru? How do you like it?

BlackJack21

It was a bolt-on. I was a young teenager at the time when they first came out, and that was my first "high-end" guitar. I liked the guitar when I had it, but eventually sold it to buy a '98 ouija and it went from there lol.

ESP 348

Guitar looks awesome Manuel! Wish you all the best with it tomorrow.

Also, which Country is this guitar located in and do you mind sharing the sellers asking price for it?

I am not sure if that headstock is pointier or if it's just the way the pics have been cropped as some of them do look a little weird.

I assume it doesn't come with a COA either? And is that a genuine ESP hardcase for it also?

Manuel B.

Yhea, it doesn’t come with the COA because it was lost back in the 90s, this came from the dealer. And yes, it’s the original case.

I think it is pointier because the other one goes around the “custom guitars” logo on the back, this doesn’t 

this looks a bit like the headstock of the JH-1 but without the poity parts.

this one is in Portugal, 2100€

ESP 348

Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it.

I just had a look at the pics of my KH1 bolt on and the headstock looks the same to me man, but all good.

And thanks in regards to it's price, that's a great price and I hope all goes well tomorrow man and you get to purchase it.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when you get it.

Manuel B.
ESP 348 wrote:

Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it.

I just had a look at the pics of my KH1 bolt on and the headstock looks the same to me man, but all good.

And thanks in regards to it's price, that's a great price and I hope all goes well tomorrow man and you get to purchase it.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when you get it.

What about the back of the headstock? Does it have any serial there? Can you please show me a photo?

Manuel B.

Xur

That’s a good price mate. Congrats and enjoy!

Manuel B.

Thanks, it’s still not mine... but if everything goes well it’ll be 

Post to Thread