Metallica Europe 2019

Updated
Metallica Europe 2019

Anyone going? I got my "Dream No More" experience from the legacy member presale. It's very exciting because I never met the band before. It will be a hard wait until summer

bennyvh

i got the all nightmare long one.. hopefully some nice historical guitars in the museum, elk explorer etc. would be cool to see up close

Tondog

All the gear on display is the same gear that's been on display all along. You can see on youtube pretty much everything you'll see. You'll be able to play Kirks Dracula, a Greenburst, and Jame's Snakebyte and his JH-2 along with a few of Robs basses. The orange kit from the last tour is there, and there are no sticks with it to play. You can sit behind it and take a pic. The rest is all behind glass.

bennyvh
Tondog wrote:

All the gear on display is the same gear that's been on display all along. You can see on youtube pretty much everything you'll see. You'll be able to play Kirks Dracula, a Greenburst, and Jame's Snakebyte and his JH-2 along with a few of Robs basses. The orange kit from the last tour is there, and there are no sticks with it to play. You can sit behind it and take a pic. The rest is all behind glass.

oh i asked and they say they changed items etc for the new european tour and is also stated on the site: Experience the UPDATED ‘Memory Remains’ touring exhibit, showcasing the band’s own personally chosen collection of memorabilia

i guess we'll see

Tondog
bennyvh wrote:

oh i asked and they say they changed items etc for the new european tour and is also stated on the site: Experience the UPDATED ‘Memory Remains’ touring exhibit, showcasing the band’s own personally chosen collection of memorabilia

i guess we'll see

It would be great if they brought some of the iconic guitars out and left them behind glass even! I already own all the ones I played so.....meh! They DO have a European "HQ" that they store a lot of duplicates in over there so my assumption would be that they'd just use stuff from there to save on shipping stuff all over.

Guiguitarz

Tondog, It was not a Greenburst from what I've seen but the RELIC N°001 that a guy let fall down and broke a little bit the headstock, remember that ?

Tondog
Guiguitarz wrote:

Tondog, It was not a Greenburst from what I've seen but the RELIC N°001 that a guy let fall down and broke a little bit the headstock, remember that ?

I remember that discussion but this one was a green burst. They must have retired the relic.

ESP 348
Tondog wrote:

I remember that discussion but this one was a green burst. They must have retired the relic.

The green burst? By that do you mean the KH2-SE?

Or the green burst KH-DC that only Kirk owns?

Tondog
ESP 348 wrote:

It was the KH2-SE 

I had some 11" x 17" b/w's of the opening night of Bride of Frankenstein in 1935 at the Orpheum theater here in town that I printed for him and he was flipping. Some REALLY amazing shots!

ESP 348
Tondog wrote:

It was the KH2-SE 

I had some 11" x 17" b/w's of the opening night of Bride of Frankenstein in 1935 at the Orpheum theater here in town that I printed for him and he was flipping. Some REALLY amazing shots!

Mate, that is AWESOME!

Did you notice on the back of the SE and Bride, did those guitars have recessed back covers?

I take it there is plenty of security there? No one can walk off with any of Kirk's guitars right?

ESP 348

Congrats AK! I can't wait till they visit Australia, hopefully I can get to meet them also.

Guiguitarz

Very cool man !! Congrats !! Yeah, which date are you going to ?

I've got tickets for the Slane Castle show in Dublin, Ireland and maybe one for Paris.

Henrik S.

Yes it was the Relic 001 that broke some of the headstock, it happened in Herning Denmark, I saw it happen and took some pictures of the headstock.

Henrik S.

AK

I chose to go and see them at Lars' home country, so I will be in Copenhagen.

Guiguitarz

Yeah very cool man, I saw them in Copenhagen also, when James was sick as hell and was close to end the show at the 5th track 

RaulTx

I'll be at Madrid and Barcelona shows!

Post to Thread