EC-1000vb - Feels.....Cheaper??

Updated
CarpeDiem
I just got an EC-1000vb off ebay and noticed that it feels like plastic compared to my EC-1000 see thru red and my Eclipse....Is this just the finish on the guitar or did I get a knock off axe?? I'm already sending the damn thing back, came with HZs in place of the 60/81 and the strap buttons have been customize with big ass wood screws and a washer! I'd still like to buy one of these guitars, just wanna know if this is how they feel. Thanks.
Mr Pigwalk

I'm already sending the damn thing back, came with HZs in place of the 60/81 and the strap buttons have been customize with big ass wood screws and a washer!

WTF did you buy???? Link to auction?

OutlawTorn

fake?

post your own pics of the guitar let the esp surgeons dissect the situation :lol

Mr Pigwalk

Dude claims he's from that Devils Wears Prada band. Take it to their forum dude, that's fucked up.

n/m - dudes feedback was from a seller who supposedly sold a guitar for Mike from DWP.

CarpeDiem

I think it's real, just beat to hell. Filed a claim, I'll try and get pics up as soon as possible.

OutlawTorn

dude post pictures of the guitar, i want to see this horror with my own eyes

CarpeDiem

I'll try to get them up tonight...dude e-mailed me back and basically said piss off on the refund, file a dispute.

He said "like new" condition does not include active EMGs....fucking people.

nwright

from a feel standpoint, I think every sating guitar I've played feels like a cheap piece of plastic...This goes for any LTD or ESP I've played. I HATE satin finishes, at any level of quality...The satin finish on the satin black Eclipses and Vipers I've played feel just as bad. Maybe not as thick as an LTD, though.

Dilzdo21

file dispute threw ebay and paypal NOWWWWW

even if the pickups are different! they show emg actives!

Curt Daddy

didn't ship in a box either!?

file dispute for sure.

that is not cool at all, you got ripped.

CarpeDiem

already did. its in process.

Curt Daddy

good.

that fucker needs punched hard at the least.

OutlawTorn

holy shit dude, your lucky it even GOT THERE.....and wtf is up with those's strap locks?....and dont look now but i think he edit'ed the listing im not seeing the EMGz nemore

CarpeDiem

holy shit dude, your lucky it even GOT THERE.....and wtf is up with those's strap locks?....and dont look now but i think he edit'ed the listing im not seeing the EMGz nemore

Yes, at least we know the ESP cases are built tough. Went from Nevada to Maryland, the case is beat now but the guitar is straight. The "strap locks" are a new hot customizing thing where you jam a big ass wood screw into the guitar and use a washer to hold it all together! FUCKING METAL MAN!! The EMGs is in the title of the auction, he had just bought another LTD with HZs in it, I'm pretty sure he swapped them all around, either way I'm sure I'll win the dispute....but he does need his ass kicked! This is one of those fucker you think you were buying a XBox from and you'd just get the box it came in....dah well, I learned my lesson.

kgry

wtf is up with those's strap locks

Did you buy this from Soulfly?

OutlawTorn

u got hit with a dishonest douchebag.....win the damn despute....

and what i mean by it getting there....your lucky who ever handled the case didnt just cut the tape take the guitar and retape it...

CarpeDiem

Oh yeah, I Know....

Anyone know where I can get the offical ESP specs on a 2006 EC-1000vb?? Something including the Pickups, Hardware, ect...Wouldn't mind sending that to PayPal.

metalhobo

Oh yeah, I Know....

Anyone know where I can get the offical ESP specs on a 2006 EC-1000vb?? Something including the Pickups, Hardware, ect...Wouldn't mind sending that to PayPal.

http://www.espguitars.com/esp2006/guitars_deluxe.html

fistacuffs

those tuners look like the 2007 and newer ones

I could be wrong but it should hav spertzles

H3LL5P4WN

those tuners look like the 2007 and newer ones

I could be wrong but it should hav spertzles

If it's a 2006, it should have Sperzels and obviously the 81/60 combo.

As for it feeling like plastic, my 2006 EC-1000VB felt the same, but it was kinda neat, to be honest. My guitar wasn't backwards, so it also had an Earvana nut.

Post to Thread