EC-1000vb - Feels.....Cheaper??

Updated
CarpeDiem
I just got an EC-1000vb off ebay and noticed that it feels like plastic compared to my EC-1000 see thru red and my Eclipse....Is this just the finish on the guitar or did I get a knock off axe?? I'm already sending the damn thing back, came with HZs in place of the 60/81 and the strap buttons have been customize with big ass wood screws and a washer! I'd still like to buy one of these guitars, just wanna know if this is how they feel. Thanks.
temps

bad news man, dispute means nothing. It is even worse he told you to file a dispute - he probably already withdrew the funds from his Paypal, meaning you can get nothing back. Also, if he has 1 feedback he probably won't care about his account getting banned from eBay.
All you can do is call your credit card company to get a chargeback - that's the only way to get your money back now.

Dilzdo21

bad news man, dispute means nothing. It is even worse he told you to file a dispute - he probably already withdrew the funds from his Paypal, meaning you can get nothing back. Also, if he has 1 feedback he probably won't care about his account getting banned from eBay.
All you can do is call your credit card company to get a chargeback - that's the only way to get your money back now.

wrong , even if you dispute he goes into negative and they send him to collections if he doesnt pay up , withdrawing the funds means NOTHING

load more replies (1 of 1)
CarpeDiem

So I won the dispute, paypal is said I'll get $200 right away and the rest when he pays up....so now I'm thinking if this fucker just runs I get screwed out of $480 and no guitar! Can't decide if I should just fix the axe up and learn my lesson or if I should chance losing my money....either way I am most likely fucked....I really want to buy a plane ticket just to beat the shit out of this dude!

temps

I forgot about $200 buyer protection... don't try and get your money, it is already gone. Keep the guitar and fix it instead. I have a set of EMGs that have been sitting here forever I could give you for like $40 + shipping to help you out, PM me if you are interested.

Dilzdo21

wow he removed the original sperzels , he switched the he emg's , bolted in the straplocks and then sent in case!

hope you got the disputed

Dilzdo21

if you send with tracking theres no way he can fuck you

all you hafta do is prove you sent it and it got there

Dilzdo21

no , the seller gets a negative paypal balance , if he does not bring that up to snuff in 30 days or sumthing they send the account to collections

i also dont know what you mean about feedback? So if your feedback is low? They only give you 200 back on a 1000 dollar item? Ive made a return before for an item well over 1000 dollars. I had to prove that i sent the item. You send with tracking and sig confirmation and right on the paypal return it has a link to provide the tracking to paypal as soon as you send the item out. And if he doesnt repond in 30 days you can escalate the claim for paypal to work out. If you prove your statements and prove that you sent it back to there paypal address they refund you and put a negative to his account.

temps

no , the seller gets a negative paypal balance , if he does not bring that up to snuff in 30 days or sumthing they send the account to collections

i also dont know what you mean about feedback? So if your feedback is low? They only give you 200 back on a 1000 dollar item? Ive made a return before for an item well over 1000 dollars. I had to prove that i sent the item. You send with tracking and sig confirmation and right on the paypal return it has a link to provide the tracking to paypal as soon as you send the item out. And if he doesnt repond in 30 days you can escalate the claim for paypal to work out. If you prove your statements and prove that you sent it back to there paypal address they refund you and put a negative to his account.

eBay buyer protection, the guaranteed amount you can recover, is $200 if the seller has low or bad feedback, or $2,000 if the the seller has lots of good feedback.
$1,000 yeah so what that is nothing, you were probably covered by the $2k limit. If they refunded everyone their full payment for every bad transaction, they'd go bankrupt.

CarpeDiem

The way it was explained to my (by paypal) is I get $200 as soon as it arrives at his house, once he pays up I get the remaining $480. If he doesn't pay they chase his ass with a collections agency until he does pay. So, I will get my full refund.....sometime, whenever he pays.

PayPal started a new policy on 10/20 (my auction began on 10/18 so I was excluded) of a full refund guarantee no matter what. Just bad timing for me. I sent the thing back(through UPS with tracking), in the same style it was shipped to me.

temps

The way it was explained to my (by paypal) is I get $200 as soon as it arrives at his house, once he pays up I get the remaining $480. If he doesn't pay they chase his ass with a collections agency until he does pay. So, I will get my full refund.....sometime, whenever he pays.

PayPal started a new policy on 10/20 (my auction began on 10/18 so I was excluded) of a full refund guarantee no matter what. Just bad timing for me. I sent the thing back(through UPS with tracking), in the same style it was shipped to me.

I don't think you made the right decision. He can ignore a collections agency the same way he can ignore you.. now you are out $480 and your guitar. It'd be nice if PayPal comes through for you but I wouldn't hold my breath. They can take their money by force too, from his credit card or bank account even if he removes them from his PayPal account.. but if he was smart enough to cancel his bank account, they can't do anything

Mr Pigwalk

Status check?

CarpeDiem

Sent it back, should arrive there today. Faught with PayPal for about 3 days and they said once it's verified that it has arrive at the shipper house they'll give me my refund.

On a good note, and ESP Eclipse VB popped up on ebay last week, I won it, should be here monday. Once I get my money back I'll let everyone know if PayPal screwed me or kept their word.

orez_lived

Well?

CarpeDiem

Oh yeah! So I go all my money back from paypal plus the $60 for shipping! On a could have been better note, when I sent it back I didn't require a signature (due to the fact he could not sign and it would comeback to me), so when paypal called me to let me know the money was refunded they said to rwquire a signature next time. I explained why I didn't and they said if he would have refused the package I would have gotten my money back as well as the item! Could have had a freebie!!

Dah well, the ESP I got is the shit, so I made out in the end.

Post to Thread