Lords of summer

Updated
Lords of summer

Can metallica really not think of anything clever anymore? My fanboyism is slowly dying...

Powerslave

Garbage- And don't make excuses like "it's not the studio version" etc

exhibit-sbt

It wasn't too exciting, maybe a little too long but I'm not gonna pass judgement until an album version.  They've played demos in the past ten years that were never representative of the final products.

Zorlac

Just to clarify I'm not actually saying I didn't like it. 

It wasn't bad kind of like a combination of kill 'em all/garage inc/death magnetic

see the problem is their tone is shit and Lars isn't even trying anymore. 

They should stop trying to sound like a cover band and start trying to be metallica.

ProfessorExp

I like the main riff, but the rest was unimpressive. "Death Is Not The End" and "Vulturous" were pretty much the same deal and they never made is onto Death Magnetic with the exception of a few riffs. I doubt Lords will make the final cut. 

singlecoilpickup

Some of the riffs are good. Some sound like recycles from other Metallica songs.

Lyrics are begging for the delete key.

And, agreed on their tone. The studio demo even sounds really thin like Death Magnetic did. Not sure what happened to the thick crunch they had back in the early 90s. 

Oh well, still better than A7X.

Zorlac

Metallica had desirable tone up untill s&m and st anger. I dunno what happened.

DanieLibuy

Oh c'mon Lars... your snare is sounding AWFUL. Some of the riffs are good enough at this time of their career, but the song is very repetitive and long... waiting for the album version though.

Regards.

Hmouth

I really wanted them to have learned from the past mistakes, sadly, they haven't. Track was just a long, meandering mess of ideas. Its good to hear some throwbacks to the older material but its just messy imo. 

I think they need to just give it a rest now. 

Zorlac

Lmfao I read the first few sentences thinking I was in the guitar giveaway thread -___- 

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tondog

It will never make it past the cutting room floor. 

DanieLibuy

Heard it live yesterday, they just nailed it, it reminds me of RTL a bit. Fuckin' great show.

Post to Thread