Engl Thunder Head

Updated
Projeka
I'm looking into getting an Engl Thunder Head. Does anyone from this forum have experience with these heads and if so, how are they? How is the clean channel? Are they German-made? Thanks!
ToRo Pj0tR

I'm looking into getting an Engl Thunder Head. Does anyone from this forum have experience with these heads and if so, how are they? How is the clean channel? Are they German-made? Thanks!

I've had both the combo with reverb and the head. They're German made, and are quality amps, superb for the price (at least in Europe).
The clean channel is really good, but too bright to my liking. I think that it needed a presence knob on the lead channel like the Blackmore.
The lead channel can do metal, but it isn't really what the Thunder is made for, more of a modernish rock machine with a good clean channel. I really didn't feel the crunch channel. I'd say that if you can afford the Blackmore, buy it instead. I also owned the Blackmore for a couple years, and it's one of the best marshallesque metal amps available.

Post to Thread