I hell want a EXP!

Updated
Rainingashes
Hey guys, i live in Perth in Australia and im kind of new here as well, and have been dreaming of a ESP MX250, or any esp that is in the EXP shape as long as it looks like a hetfield guitar (he is my idol) and is either olympic white or black. i got a quote from ESP here in Australia and they said its a discontinued guitar cos the EXP shape is no longer available due to lawsuits with Gibson, they said I can get a MX-250II on special order for $4995AU! that price is rediculous for me... i'd rather get a 2nd hand one for cheaper or a different EXP model (i dont know much about them) but not now, maybe in a few months after i get my SV! does anyone know where I can find a EXP in Australia or if anyone will be planning to sell one around september? (international is also ok i will pay for shipping) but i am looking at spending around the $2000 mark...
esp_gaijin

Hey guys, i live in Perth in Australia and im kind of new here as well, and have been dreaming of a ESP MX250, or any esp that is in the EXP shape as long as it looks like a hetfield guitar (he is my idol) and is either olympic white or black.
i got a quote from ESP here in Australia and they said its a discontinued guitar cos the EXP shape is no longer available due to lawsuits with Gibson, they said I can get a MX-250II on special order for $4995AU! that price is rediculous for me... i'd rather get a 2nd hand one for cheaper or a different EXP model (i dont know much about them) but not now, maybe in a few months after i get my SV!
does anyone know where I can find a EXP in Australia or if anyone will be planning to sell one around september? (international is also ok i will pay for shipping) but i am looking at spending around the $2000 mark...

australia, and a box large enough for the case for an exp, don't even bother trying to get one from the US, please. the shpg cost would be half the cost of the guitar.

get one from asia, you're so close by already. $2k should get you a used nice condition one, from katana or mae or someone. mx250 that is,
all others will be less
bolt on exp
ltd exp
ltd mx130

Rainingashes

thanks for your replies, i checked out the mae website and they have a gallery of awesome exp's they sold so i wouldnt mind getting one from them! but i couldnt contact them cos when i click on "contact us" then it took me to microsoft outlook and my hotmail account doesnt work with that program and i dont know what mae guitars email is, does anyone know? i could just email them from my hotmail. or are there any other places in japan that you know of? its pretty hard for me to find one on ebay :S plus yes i agree that the shipping would cost heaps.
I love the mx220 eet fuk guitar! is it around the same price as the mx250 or more?

emg32

I love the mx220 eet fuk guitar! is it around the same price as the mx250 or more?

Those havn't been made in forever and not many were made then. If you find one used, which is unlikely, they will be double or triple the price of a new MX-250.

esp_gaijin

yes.

no.

yes.

no.

Brono

I love the mx220 eet fuk guitar! is it around the same price as the mx250 or more? much more

Rainingashes

damn! well looks like its definitly going to have to be the mx250

Rainingashes

wow you are so damn lucky to have 2 of them!! ever gonna sell one??? :D
my friends are telling me that i might as well get a gibson explorer cos they cost $2000 brand new and to take off the scratch plate and put in EMG 81/60's.. im considering it, but i would definitly prefer a ESP.

esp_gaijin

i might as well get a gibson explorer cos they cost $2000 brand new and to take off the scratch plate

:rolleyes:

and leave a gaping trough with dangling wires exposed.

also: toggle switches are larger in diameter than potentiometers, not just an easy drop-in to replace a pot with the toggle.

:|

frantic77

and the winner is..........

MICRODOMUS;)

Brono

my friends are telling me that i might as well get a gibson explorer cos they cost $2000 brand new and to take off the scratch plate
the scratch plates usuaully there to cover up the routing.

wherever-i-roam

im getting a MX250 sometime soon, seeing the KL's makes me wish i could win the lotto and get one of them at somepoint!

vitod

microdomus, why do you torture me? What have I done to deserve such injustice?

Post to Thread