Gotoh Magnum tuners

Updated
Bucky Gone AWOL
Hello, Anyone had any experience with these tuners, good or bad? They are on a MI I want to get. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
espsy

A friend of mine has an M1 NTB and he hates em, they keep slipping out of tune when he uses his live. Change em for sperzels.

T-nuts

Never had a problem with mine.
I have them on my Horizon NT-II.

Actually had more problems with the sperzels on my H-1000.

Bucky Gone AWOL

Never had a problem with mine.
I have them on my Horizon NT-II.

Actually had more problems with the sperzels on my H-1000.

Hi T-Nuts, thanks man. Is there like a screw type thing on the back that locks the strings and then you tune it using the peg (as per a normal tuner)?

Cause fm what I have read if you de-tune you guitar too much the string will fall out.

I may be worng though.

Many thanks.

deftoneskidd

the magnum's lock from the top, on the string post. no thumb-screw.. gotta use a flathead screwdriver to lock the string down.. this is the best i could find:

http://www.musicyo.com/planet/gotoh.asp

i don't like that it's not a thumb-screw type, but maybe this design is superior to the sperzels & schallers as far as keeping the string locked down??

sean, have you ever had any problems with the sperzels rotating without the pin?

cottonwolf

I am missing one lock-nut for my Gotoh Magnum-Lock tuners. Do you sell the nut without buys a whole set of tuners?

Post to Thread