• Chris Dates

Esp horizon 3 custom shop?

Hello guys, just picked this bad boy up and wondering if it was a custom shop? Can't find any info anywhere online.

• Gfunk

Cool geetah, congas!  Love that green.

Maiden Tokyo custom shop 2002.

How does it sound?

• Chris Dates

Awesome! Sounds amazing, one the best axes I've played. Thanks for the reply.

• ESP 348

Love the colour of that guitar, thanks for sharing.

• Chris Dates

No problem, I've fallen in love. Just wish ESP would have kept better records pre-2005. Would  love to know if this is a "one off", Only "production" model I see that looks like wasn't in the catalog until 2003? also that one says custom after the Horizon 3 on the headstock. And the color seems different like see thru blueish rather than like emerald green.

• ESP 348

Don't worry mate, we ALL wish ESP kept better records of their guitars.

In regards to it being a 'one off', I am not too sure about that as I am sure I have seen this style of guitar before in other colours.

I think I have also seen it in green before also, although it might have even been this guitar I saw in the past. I don't remember the serial number unfortunately.

Either way, you have a very nice guitar man and I hope you enjoy in good health.

• Chris Dates

I have seen a few kiso factory ones but they all have custom after horizon 3 on the headstock. Only two I've seen were a lighter green " horizon 3 custom" and circa 2003. It's probably not a one off, possibly an original series? Either way the craftsmanship is superb! Have own 4 standard series and this feels like a whole other level. Esp makes some amazing instruments.

• Chris Dates

Here is my other beast, I love me some esp! E-ii horizon NT-7B with carpenter fluence pups

• Craig

That shade of green is sharp looking.

• LK1

Looks like a custom order from the Takada factory (ESP Custom Shop). Serial shows it's the first guitar they built on October 17, 2002.

• Chris Dates

That's amazing! My birthday is October 17th! That really makes this a special guitar! Thanks so much for the reply! October 17, 2002 was my 16th birthday also the same day I bought my first ESP a LTD H-301. Super awesome 15 years later with a Custom shop built on my birthday.

• Gfunk

Takada / Tokyo whatever.....  Same difference.

It is a production custom, not a one off.  ESP offered the Horizon and Horizon 3 in both see thru aqua STAQ and amber sunburst ASB in the early - mid 2000's.

• Chris Dates

I e-mailed ESP and the facebook both places said it was emerald green not STAQ. So pretty exited about that! ESP Guitars Facebook told me " It's an ESP Horizon 3 from our custom shop in Japan. Flamed maple top in Emerald Green finish. What else did you want to know?

• LK1

The guitar isn't a production custom or Original series. Original series don't have 'T' serials or a circle logo. The "ESP Custom series" production models were only made available since 2003, and the Horizon 3 Custom (MSRP: $3,999) had "Horizon 3 Custom" written on the headstock. On the custom quote page of the ESP site, the 'Headstock Logo' part had a drop-down menu with 4 options: 1) ESP; 2) ESP Custom; 3) ESP (Model Name), 4) Other. If you picked the third option, you would get a guitar with "Horizon-3" written on the headstock.

It's a custom order Horizon 3 that looks similar to the 'Horizon 3 Custom' from the Custom series. They're all from the custom shop though so there isn't much of a difference.

• Chris Dates

Thank you so much for the reply LK1, truly appreciate it. Love the guitar, honestly since i got this my E-II NT-7B isn't seeing much play lol. This guy just has "extra mojo" ? or something. Not sure but I love it! Thank you everyone who has contributed or commented truly humbled.

• Gfunk

Yeah, you are probably right.  It just looks exactly like the production custom Horizon 3 available in 2003, only a year earlier.  

After looking at my production custom of 2003 it has a Kiso serial number not Tokyo.

Have fun regardless!

Cancel