KH-2 High E string buzz

Updated
KH-2 High E string buzz

Hello everyone,

I have a KH-2 that I purchased new in Japan. The high E string has always had a muffled buzz to it when played open. No issues while fretting, only when played open. I took the guitar back to the shop I purchased it from and had them take a look. They made a slight adjustment to the truss rod, which made minimal change. Everything is set to ESP specs from what I can tell. They told me it’s a common problem with the KH-2. I find this hard to believe. I also have a 602 that has no issues.

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

Theodore  C.

It’s one of the following:

The truss rod is still too tight

The nut is too low

The first fret is too high

The nut slot has a burr

Mike K.

Thank you, Theodore. 

Pushead

Theodore is correct. The idea that it's a common problem with just the KH-2 model is silly. Without seeing the guitar in person, it's hard to know exactly what could/should be done to correct it, but if you find a competent tech, they can get it squared away pretty quickly.

Mike K.

Pushead,

I just got my guitar back to the States, so I’ll be taking it in this week. I hope you’re correct, and it can be fixed easily. 

Mike K.

I finally got it fixed. There was a burr on the high E saddle. The tech was able to polish it out. It sounds great now.

Pushead

Excellent news, Mike. Hope you love the guitar.

ESP 348

Great stuff man!  

Post to Thread