ESP LTD George Lynch GL-200MT Upgradeable?

Updated
ESP LTD George Lynch GL-200MT Upgradeable?

Hey All,

This may have been covered. Has anyone upgraded their GL-200MT? I've asked ESP a couple times and there is no plan to release a 400 Series George Lynch Model.  So, with that, I'm thinking of buying a GL-200MT and upgrading the Floyd Rose Special to a Floyd Rose Original Tremolo, as well as upgrading the P/U to a Seymour Duncan SH-12 Screamin' Demon or something better.

I'm sure the P/U is an easy swap.  Is it easy to swap out a Special for an Original Floyd Rose?

Thanks,
Derek

metalhobo

OFR is a direct replacement for the FR special

Phillip M.

A slight upgrade : I always had a hard time playing a Strat with the location of the volume knob so I relocated the volume knob & added a Kill switch to fill the hole where the old location of the volume use to be (Ibanez sure grip III knob) replaced pickup with Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5 & CTS audio taper 500k Pot, as for the Floyd Trem it works perfectly but I had to file the locking clamps at the nut because they were so tight they weren't seating properly & didn't stay in tune... 

Phillip M.

A slight upgrade 2 : I adjusted the string alignment on the fretboard by loosening the neck bolts then realigning the neck to center the strings then lowered the action & tuned a halfstep down , installed FU-Tone Black noiseless tension springs & adjusted the 2 screws at the claw to level out the tremolo bridge on the body... This Guitar plays very well & stays in perfect tune a little upgrade goes a long way, this was a fun project... 

allan R.

Whats the locking nut size on these guitars?

When I upgrade to a OFR wanna get the correct size.

R what?  R3 or R4?   Need to know for sure what the right size is.

Thanks

Phillip M.

I measured the Nut 1 5/8" -  For 1-5/8" (41.27mm) nut width necks - R2... Hope this Helps

Post to Thread