2 Different LTD Grynch?

Updated
2 Different LTD Grynch?

Just watching a Video from 2014, the Youtube link is this

Metallica: Battery & St. Anger (MetOnTour - Horsens, Denmark - 2014)

James is paying what looks to be a LTD Grynch but it doesn't seem to be the one we know from 2003.

This one has the Volume controls and toggle switch in different places to the first one.

I am by no means complaining about this, I am surprised to see it is a newer version of his first Grynch. 

Considering there is not much info on the Grynch anyway, I have been looking and studying what I can anyway and found this.

Please tell me if it is old news but yeah. I always thought James didn't like the Grynch as there really is very little info Pictures but there are a few videos that I can find. 

dubster82

It just looks like he swapped the knob and the switch around. You could do that on any guitar, is that what you're getting at? Makes it closer to what he's used to on his other guitars too.

He doesn't use it often because it's a baritone so he only uses it for down tuned stuff. For dream no more live he was using just a plain black viper with a grynch in the rack as stand by. I'm guessing he just preferred the aesthetic of a plain black guitar for now.

Viper obviously isn't his favourite shape though, He had ESP custom make a baritone snakebyte to use instead, I'll assume one of the 'sg type things' are backup to it.

Dominic D.

His original grynch guitar was a regular ltd VB-400 the he had a friend paint flames on. 

Esp made it a limited signature model and made about 200 or 250 of them. 

Which had a grynch inlay at the 12th fret 

Brad I.

dubster, Yeah seen the Baritone Snakebyte, nice guitar. Yeah the knobs and switch was what I meant and now that you have pointed out they are in a familiar alignment for him like he Explorers he uses. I never thought of that.

I have seen the lastest E-II Viper Baritone he has been using and it is okay. 
I guess what I mean is, and I know i am sounding a little critical of a guitar but I am surprised that there is another one when the first one didn't get used much.

dubster82

What do you mean by ''another" one?

Post to Thread