NGD: LTD AW-7

Updated
NGD: LTD AW-7

This is my first ESP/LTD guitar. I've come close to buying several LTD models before, but always ended up with a Jackson or Schecter instead. So far I'm loving this guitar. The neck carve is very comfortable. I hadn't ever played an LTD 7 string before so I was a bit nervous about that. I find it much more comfortable than the neck on my Schecter SLS C-7. It's a beefier neck than the flat SLS neck, which for me is way more comfortable. It reminds me of my Jackson SLS3 neck (which is awesome), just wider (obviously since it's a 7).  

I had also never used DiMarzio D-Activator pickups before, and I am definitely sold on these. Super clear, tight, and aggressive tones from the bridge, and the neck is a good compliment for cleans and leads. I was also a little concerned about reviews I had read where some were having issues with these guitars being too dark, but that is definitely not the case for me. I didn't have to tweak my settings at all on my 6505+ or my Mark V, and this guitar slays through either of my amps. The guitar is very resonant, and even bright sounding when played acoustically. It's the "snappiest" sounding guitar I own, which was kind of surprising to me (in a good way) since it's a neck through with mahogany wings. Build quality seems to be very solid and the fretwork looks and feels great. Alex definitely got the specs right on these, it's my new #1 seven string. Can't wait to take it through its paces at my next band practice.

Steven W.

Congrets on the NGD!!!

jc986

Thanks, man.  Really loving it so far.  I've had a chance to play it at several band practices and one show and it's definitely performed very well.  The neck is super comfortable.

Post to Thread