Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

Hi Chris. I'm not feeling too good about this one. There photo of the front doesn't get me a great view of the logo, but the circle logo on the back is wrong. I've also never seen one of the circle logos and the "produced by ESP" logo on the same guitar. The produced logo was typically saved for LTD and Edwards guitars.

The 6 digit serial number was from the 99-03 era. I couldn't find an example of a Snapper from that era, but anything I found in the 2007+ era all had the truss rod adjustment at the bottom of the neck, with a gap in the neck under the 22nd fret.

Based on these two photos, I don't think I could give you a good answer.

Chris Y.

It's very kind of you

Pushead

Hey Mop. I'm not super familiar with the TB models, but there's nothing here that is a red flag. Should be a 2013 model.

Greg W.

Can you help me out with this one?  Just purchased this used and can't find ANY information on this particular model.  It says M-255 on it, but there's almost nothing online about it.  Thanks!

Pushead

Hi Greg. The 6 digit serial number is from the 2000-2003ish era. Everything looks good to me on it. I think the 255 models were only around during that era, and none of those catalogs are available online (at least not on this website). I'd suspect the body is alder and the pickups look to be the duncan designed pickups from that era. I had a set of them in my MH-301 from a few years later and they were pretty bland. A swap of the pickups really made that guitar great.

Greg W.

Thanks for the info!  Yeah, I plugged in into my blackface Bandmaster and it was pretty dull.  Especially compared to my other guitar (Gibson Adam Jones LP standard) which has a super hot bridge pickup.  Mind if I ask what you swapped those Duncan Designed out with?

Pushead

I swapped them with a JB/59 combo, which in that guitar, with what I play, was spectacular. But I think most any aftermarket pickup will be an improvement in the guitar. I also ended up replacing the bridge with an original Floyd Rose a bunch of years later. It just wasn't holding tuning well and it ended up that the points on the trem had worn down.

Those AJ Standards are pretty awesome guitars. A friend has one and I very much like it.

Greg W.

Thanks again.  Any guess as to what it would've originally retailed for?  Based on the pricing I see for the M200's and 400's, I'd guess around $650-$700 if it was for sale new today.

Luke H.

Hey all,

Just got this LTD Black Metal second hand. As far as I know, the Black Metal M series never came stock with an EMG, so I assume that's aftermarket, but how is everything else looking? It plays and feel amazing.

Pushead

Hey Luke. Everything looks good. A 2018 model.

Luke H.

Much appreciated. I emailed ESP customer service and they said they couldn't confirm officially either way but that it looked good to them as well. I just got such a good deal on it that I wanted to double check it wasn't too good to be true.

Thanks again!

Silversmith J.

Can u check mine pls. My serial number is 12050284. The ec 256 model

Dean S.

Can anyone help me determine the approximate year of this old ESP? I got it back in the 80's after a NAMM show, so thinking it was in the 1987-1988 range, but not sure. Thanks in advance. Still play this beauty all the time. Excellent instrument!!

Pushead

Hey Dean, it's hard to get dates on those 80s guitars. I suspect your guess range is right.

Behemoth  B.

Could I please PM you a couple of photos to see if this guitar is legit before I purchase it next Saturday?

Pushead

Behemoth, sure. I accepted your friend request.

ENDzZ

Hi, I’m now looking forward to buying an ESP LTD EC-1000 LH guitar, and it seemed really hard to find one with a normal price. By the way, it's so hard to find a dealer that sells left-handed guitars and supports international shipping!

While recently, I noticed one on a local online trade platform, the merchant claims that this is a brand-new guitar, the price is 7800 CNY in the merchant’s currency, which is about 1200 USD, I think. And customs duty and international shipping cost are included in this price. Can you tell me whether this is a legit one?

By the way, it seemed a 2017 one produced in Korea, am I right? I’m a newcomer to guitars, may I ask is it worthwhile to buy a 2017 guitar in 2023 right now. Sorry, if any offense.

If this is not a legit one or the price is not worthwhile, shall you please tell me if there are any websites to buy such guitars, because I found that for this guitar, Guitar Center doesn’t support international shipping, while Amazon and Thomann is out of stock.

Thank you!

Pushead

The guitar is legit, a 2017 model. International shipping is a long process of waiting. I've brought a lot of guitars into the US from overseas and I've only paid customs fees once (from France). But, be ready to pay, just in case.

ENDzZ

Thanks!

Richard P.

I just purchased a Stream 1004. Serial number IW21030087. What is the manufacturer date of this Bass?

David B.

Hi guys i got an ESP EC-401 and wonder if you coult tell me the model year IW12073810

Post to Thread