Adding EMG SPC to JH-600

Updated
dshavers
Hey Everyone first post. I have a 2006 JH-600 that I'm looking to upgrade a bit by adding a EMG SPC control knob. The ESP Hannemans have this added, so I'm thinking it's got to be worth something. Does anyone own one of the Hanneman ESP sigs that could chime in on if it's actually worth the trouble. I was also considering the PA-2 or Afterburner but I hear those give alot of alot of feedback.
sk3tch3dx

i have an SPC built into my hanny, i wouldn't suggest putting in a PA-2 'cuz you'd have to drill a hole in it, idk about the afterburner ... instead of
putting in a separate knob for the SPC, i just took out the tone control, sounds good ...

dshavers

Yeah I had an afterburner in a Jackson once and the feedback pretty much made it pointless, and I didn't like the look of another switcher. Would you mind describing how the SPC is used for shaping your tone? Does it add any extra gain?

dshavers

Now that's what I'm talking about...sweet guitar. 20db of gain is actually more than enough. That's as much as the afterburner adds I believe.

Paul 777

Best of luck!

dshavers

I know I'll have to drill another hole for the knob, what other modifications did you have to do to get your knobs to match the ESP version?

Paul 777

Very little, it was pretty straightforward.

Once you ready to drill put some masking tape over the area & drill from the top. (If you drill from underneath there is a change the finish might crack or lift.)

:D

sk3tch3dx

S&Key LTD looks good, i didnt wanna drill mine ....regarding the PA-2, it all depends on how high you set the gain boost, +20 with emgs will be over kill, but set right it's pretty sweet

dshavers

For me the third knob is mainly for looks, but in reality I never use my tone knob, it's always set to full.

WildeStarr

Hey Dave, good to see you on here. Call me later about the EMG wiring!

:)

Hey Everyone first post. I have a 2006 JH-600 that I'm looking to upgrade a bit by adding a EMG SPC control knob. The ESP Hannemans have this added, so I'm thinking it's got to be worth something. Does anyone own one of the Hanneman ESP sigs that could chime in on if it's actually worth the trouble. I was also considering the PA-2 or Afterburner but I hear those give alot of alot of feedback.

themisfit138

I have a SPC paired with a Duncan Custom Custom. I think is sounds great with passives.

dshavers

Thanks for the replies everyone, I ordered the SPC today, and thanks to Wildestarr for helping me out with the install. :)

Post to Thread