Strings on a Truckster.

Updated
Purgatory
Does anyone knows which strings I have to put on my Truckster? Thanks!
emg32

What do you mean which strings? Are you talking about string size or brand?

As far as size goes I'm not exactly sure what came on the Trucksters from the factory but more than likely it was .009-.042 or .010-.046. The brand of strings is up to you since everyone likes different brands. I prefer Ernie Ball.

LordCliffton

New strings are preferred. Gauge is up to you & your set-up fee allowance, meaning that if the new gauge you choose differs drastically from your previous gauge you will need a set-up. Look online as there are plenty of tutorials and is essential stuff you should know when owning & maintaining your own gear on a budget.
Good luck!

exhibit-sbt

Distressed ones right?

Ozwepaie

Personally I like Ernie Ball strings w/ EMG's. There is a guy on youtube that dose a
string oscillation comparison. To demonstrate what strings sound the best w/ active
pup's. And EB won, hands down.
I ran my own comparison the next day, and switched.
If you're asking "what dose Het use" ??
He uses Ernie ball regular 10-46 and Hybrid 9-46

my ESP Truckster came w/ regular guage strings 10-46 from the factory.
I don't' know what brand ? But I changed them after 20min. of playing.

exhibit-sbt

Matter of which strings and gauge is simply opinion and nothing more. I used ernie balls for years, then I discovered that 10-54 elixers sounded better and lasted longer. But of course, they cost twice the amount of regular ernies. Worth it in my opinion, but only if your experienced enough in your own playing to notice a difference. Not saying those who don't are not experienced, just that you can tell the difference.

Purgatory

I would like to thank you all for your response!!

I put up the Ernie Ball 10-46 and they sound good.

@ SadButTruely --> maybe next time I'll have the Elixers....

klormach

If you enjoy the feel of Ernie Ball strings, but like the longevity of Elixir's, check out the new Ernie Ball Titanium coated strings.

They are supposed to last as long as Elixirs but feel like regular strings. As most Elixir players know, they have a slippery/greasy coated feel. I still like Elixirs but I prefer the Titanium coated Ernie Balls now. They are about the same price.

Pushead

I prefer shoe strings, personally.

CyVy_84

i owned a truckster for 2 years and it played great with 10.-46. earnie ball strings. perfect sound.

Post to Thread